Gen 3 Extended range fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 3 Extended range fuel tank

Looking for some advice from you well learned folk, please I have posted a thread previously about my search for an extended range fuel tank. I have been here in Zambia for almost three months and have been out and about following on occasion Toyota prados of the same age as my surf. Each time I would comment, to the wife, on how we share the same chassis. This week I began to notice that most of the prados had a rear mounted diesel tank.
    Please could any one put me right. Would the prado 90 ltr rear tank fit snug to the rear under carriage of my Surf.

Originally posted by Drak View Post
    Looking for some advice from you well learned folk, please I have posted a thread previously about my search for an extended range fuel tank. I have been here in Zambia for almost three months and have been out and about following on occasion Toyota prados of the same age as my surf. Each time I would comment, to the wife, on how we share the same chassis. This week I began to notice that most of the prados had a rear mounted diesel tank.
    Please could any one put me right. Would the prado 90 ltr rear tank fit snug to the rear under carriage of my Surf.
    That I am not sure, but I'd guess so, provided you don't have the under slung spare wheel.
    However your best option is to find someone in Lusaka who does customised extended fuel tanks. They are very popular with the kz te double cabs, they are thin and fit very nicely, you won't even see it from the outside.

Failing that drive down to Bulawayo, there's a mzungu guy there who does good quality customised extended tanks, forgot his name, you'll find him since Bulawayo is not a big place. Did a friend's 3rd gen some time back. He will need to have the car for a couple of days. While you wait you could hire a car and pop to Hwange, worth the visit.
    Cheers
    Last edited by tashtego; 25 January 2014, 09:35.

Comment

Working...
    X