The shame of it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shame of it!

Firstly over Christmas I get rescued by a Mitsubishi. Then today had to get help from a friend to tow 2000 litres of used veg oil to my place. What was he driving? A short wheel based land rover. Having done a search on here and elsewhere it looked like it would be dodgy in legal terms for the hilux to tow that amount. Whereas the land rover is able to to 3.5 tonnes.

Only because it wasn't sold here!

I was always miffed that my mate in his Land Cruiser Colorado could legally tow a supra on trailer, but I couldn't in my gen 3 surf... which has the same engine and chassis.....
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
      Only because it wasn't sold here!

I was always miffed that my mate in his Land Cruiser Colorado could legally tow a supra on trailer, but I couldn't in my gen 3 surf... which has the same engine and chassis.....

Eh?
      I towed a LS400 on a trailer from Sutton Coldfield to south Wales and then a Surf from Bridgend to Cornwall and then another Surf (minus engine and 'box) back to south Wales in one week-end no problem, and mine is one of those gutles, breaks down when it goes through a puddle 2.7 litre types.

Comment

Vince, not saying you can't do it....

I thought vehicles had to be legally assigned a towing weight, but import vehicles that may have not been homologated over here had a default max towing weight (legally) of the weight of the towing vehicle...

Or something.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Working...
        X