Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi all,
    nothing to do with my surf,but some advice needed.The wife has a ford focus 1.8tdci,about 4,000 miles ago had new cambelt and all the bits that go with it fitted,2 days ago while doing 70 the car stopped running,got it to the side of the road and tryed to start it,no go.RAC called he tryed to start it still no go.Got it back to the garage that had done the work.Cutting the story short,had a look today to fined cambelt snapped and also cam shaft broken in 3 places.Now when the belt snapped could this have caused the cam shaft to go.Also side of head has a crack in it where the cam shaft goes through .Not happy, any advice whould be great. Many thanks in advance Mick..

The whimsical reply would be it's fooked.

The cam breaking could have caused the belt to snap.

Might be worth asking on a Ford forum to see if it is a common occurrence?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

yep,had it.going to pop into ford tomorrow and ask them.was hoping to put it down to the garage or faulty belt,byt going to be very hard to prove.
      Thanks anyway for the reply.....Mick

Comment

I've never heard of a camshaft breaking except where valve to piston contact has occurred, such as you might expect from a cam belt snapping!
        Does the water pump run on the cam belt and was it changed? Was the tensioner changed or has it failed?
        FYI I bought a Scenic last year that had suffered major engine trauma. A con rod snapped and jammed into the side of the block, bent every valve in the head, but the cam belt was still in one piece!!

Good Luck with it!

Mark

Comment

Working...
        X