yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIN on Chassis location help (pictures included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN on Chassis location help (pictures included)

I recently failed the old MOT due to a missing VIN plate. According to searches on the forum there is a chassis number printed behind the driver wheel?

But being the dope I am I still need help.

If someone could tell me where it is in relation to the A, B and C marked on the picture that would be a great help.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by smokinmonkey View Post
    I recently failed the old MOT due to a missing VIN plate. According to searches on the forum there is a chassis number printed behind the driver wheel?

But being the dope I am I still need help.

If someone could tell me where it is in relation to the A, B and C marked on the picture that would be a great help.
    None of the above, it is on the main chassis leg, above what you are showing in the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      None of the above, it is on the main chassis leg, above what you are showing in the picture
      I had a look and that's the only chassis leg I can see? No more legs above it.

If someone could point it on a picture I would be most grateful!

Comment

White box shows where the number is on a 2nd gen surf.

There's also an ally plate on the bulkhead (back of engine bay) - mine got jetwashed off on my old 2.4
        Attached Files
        Last edited by wishbone; 28 December 2013, 18:03.

Comment

The number is stamped on the chassis in the box marked 'A'.

Comment

And if the chassis has been undersealed you might not see it.

Scrape off the underseal to show the MoT guy then paint it again. Get a new vin plate made up and rivet it back on the firewall.

Comment

Working...
            X