Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from BB in Brighton

Hi all,

Pleased to find this forum. I have just bought a Hilux Surf after (I know there are others) watching Top Gear trying to Kill a Hilux.

I have been recently named by a friend as a 'Sh*t car magnet' so this is my latest attempt to kill the image

About myself, I live in Brighton, England. I collect classic bikes, Grifters, Choppers, Burners, Mongoose, Strika's etc. And run the Retro-Goose forum dedicated to classic Mongoose BMX.

I'm sure I'll be asking questions on here soon, and hopefully learn and help others out

Hi and welcome, need some pics though

Comment

Your local to me.....you don't say what your truck is exactly. Will be useful to know if ever you need help/advice.
      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Hello, welcome to the mad house

Comment

Hello an welcome, pics of the Grifter would be good as well! Take me back to my youth

Comment

Hi, Thanks all.

Tonka, wherebaouts are you? Sorry, I should have said, I have a Hilux Surf SSR-X 3.0 diesel. 1994

Annoying probs already. I need to sort the back window out quick, sticky and almost non responsive.

Here's a few of my bikes Black Sheep.

Raleigh Mag Burner MK2

Raleigh Grifter GS

Always a debate about these, rare or not, only released by Raleigh for a catalogue company in the UK, you don't see many of them but you see lots more of the other Grifters. I'd say its rare

Raleigh Bomber

Never say you are too old!

Raleigh Grifter MK2

Raleigh Strika MK2

Also a Raleigh Strika MK1 restored to former glory, hub says 1975, bike was released in '76, original coaster brake stylee

My 'Sinclair A bike'

Every person that saw me on it asked about it.
            The thing is bizarre in every way just like Sinclairs other ideas.
            It has disc brakes and is very shaky, and is amazingly light.
            I only ride this in areas that I know I won't get beaten up for riding it

Apollo Kuwuhara E.T Toy Store Model

Raleigh Vektar

A strangely rare version of the electronic classic, this version was made without any electronics! Made for the lesser wealthy like me

Comment

Those bikes made me smile, brought back memories of youth. My brother loved the Grifter he had one for most of his high school years.
              Brian

Comment

Nice bikes. I had an Aero Pro burner when I was 15, I found it in my mum's loft 25 years later, oh what a mess it was in!
                I wanted to restore it but it would have cost too much.
                I sold it to a guy who wanted to fix it up couldn't believe how much it was still worth. Them's were the days.......

Comment

The Aero Pro is worth loads

Comment

Here's a few pics of my Hilux

Comment

I'm up the A23 towards gatwick...try cleaning the channels on the rear window rubbers and using a silicone spray in them. Loving the bikes.
                      .... Which was nice.

Comment

I'm not too far away if you need a hand with the truck. Hailsham is a 25 min drive!!
                        Nice bike collection, and a clean looking surf.
                        Welcome to the club....
                        Alan
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Tonka for the advice, and TinTin, thanks, I may take you up on the offer if I fail miserably on the window.

Comment

Working...
                          X