Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real stupid!

i am really stupid!!

on the 3l (1994),changed some vacuum hoses, pressed the button of 4WD to try if work fine, it did.

then got a call of emergency, trowed the phone on the clocks the started driving on tarmac 40miles/H,
    after 5 miles started listening a strange noise, removed the phone of where i never put it, then saw the light of 4WD on,
    stopped the car, reversed, switched off/disconnected 4WD.
    kept driving.
    finished with emergency, went to try to connect it, and not surprised that it doesn't connect on 4WD now.
    now it drives fine in 2WD,
    what have i damaged/destroyed?
    transfer box gone?
    what parts should i be looking at to buy?
    thanks.

Last edited by budweiser; 26 December 2013, 19:14.
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Sounds like a bit of a royal "pita".

Does it all still feel wound up? You might just need to unwind it a bit. Get it off road or Jack up a single wheel and shift into High 2WD. The release of the torsional stresses in the drive-line should cause the raised wheel to spin.

If it's not selecting at all maybe you've broken something in the drive train?Crown ring and pinion?

I'm someone with a bit more experience will be along soon

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
      Sounds like a bit of a royal "pita".

Does it all still feel wound up? You might just need to unwind it a bit. Get it off road or Jack up a single wheel and shift into High 2WD. The release of the torsional stresses in the drive-line should cause the raised wheel to spin.

If it's not selecting at all maybe you've broken something in the drive train?Crown ring and pinion?

I'm someone with a bit more experience will be along soon
      Did lifted a wheel and 2wd, then pressed 4wd, this time light turned on, and off easy. But didnt have time to check if all work ok.
      Will check tomorrow to see if all work fine.
      Im worryed for damaged something.
      Thanks.
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
      X