Waste of time...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste of time...........

Went to fit the new fog lamp today, when I bought my Surf, the then owner informed me that it would need a replacement fog lamp because the original one had got caught up on something and been ripped off. Got one off ebag for £3.00 :-)
    Removed the remains of the old one, cleaned the area up and bolted on the new one, the only cables I could find underneath the Surf though was four of them sheathed in black (Blue, Green, White and Yellow), went to check the power supply on them and found out that someone has converted one of my reversing lights into a fog lamp! works well for now so I'll leave it as is. A waste of precious dry weather and daylight though when I could have been removing and replacing brake pipes.

Anyone know what the wires are for that I found under the truck though?

I was going to say towbar electrics, but there's not enough wires for that.
    Maybe a reversing camera?

Comment

I've converted a reversing light into a fog lamp, works really well.
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        I was going to say towbar electrics, but there's not enough wires for that.
        Maybe a reversing camera?
        It does have a tow bar but all the electrics are there and wired up. The only other attachment I could find was the remains of the original fog lamp (now removed), the cables are all very thin, they look to be the same grade (rating) as the cables that plug into the plugs for the VSV valves, I don't think they are designed to carry a lot of amps though, not from the size of them anyway. When I have more time, I'll trace them back through and see where they lead

Comment

Working...
        X