Hid kits on surfs Any MOT testers on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
    I neither said I was an expert or that my opinion was of any value.
    I gave the OP a link to the relevant website where he could look at the info himself and make his own mind up.
    As did I.

I also merely stated that there is an obvious discrepancy between MOT tests, where one station will pass an item and another will fail, a point of view that formulated into a fact by an open discussion between two adults.
    Yep, I agree, I think it's because most of the training given to testers it to pass and advise, and use their discretion.

You mentioned the fact that your mate would fail every car with HID and that he has troubles with HID alignment hence I suggested that he should leave the alignment alone, perhaps you could copy and paste an idiots guide for him, seeing that HID has been around since the early nineties I'm surprised that your mate is still having issues.
    When I said that, I was referring to cars fitted with aftermarket kits, and that the majority won't align correctly. This is due to the HID's being fitted in headlamps that are not designed for them, with the incorrect reflectors.

Personally I think that HID for these trucks are a waste of money, you would be better off fitting something like a set of Osram Nightbreakers and perhaps uprgrading the pitiful headlamp wiring
    Agree completely, even add a couple extra driving lamps if lights are that poor.
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
      Any MOT testers on here?

Are they legal to fit them to surfs. Will you fail the mot or not?
      I've looked around for info and some say no you need washer units and self leveling light. Some say you will only get an advisory others say they are only allowed on new cars.
      hi, had mine on for three mot,s now no probs, and that is three different garages.
      15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Yes i've had HID's on the 4runner for about 4 years now with no issues from mot testers. Like Bushwacker has pointed out the 4runner is able to raise and lower the headlamp units so that is probably a plus.

Comment

Working...
        X