Question about wing mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about wing mirrors

If, using Roughtrax4x4 or one of the other online UK parts dealers, I purchase a replacement LH wing mirror glass for a 1997 Hilux Surf(4runner in my neighborhood), will it be a convex, wide-angle-type mirror?
    The USA market 4Runners only came with flat, plano mirrors on the LH(driver's) side, due to rules from the United States Department Of Transportation.
    I like the convex mirrors because I can see more(safety) and they reduce the apparent intensity of the headlights of vehicles behind(reduced annoyance).
    Any guidance you may have for me will be immensely appreciated. Thanks, KB-
    Last edited by pluton; 9 December 2013, 01:56. Reason: Brevity
    97 4Runner 3.4/4WD/5spd/OME 881/890 in CA, USA

I expect that they will be flat rather than convex as that is what the Surfs seem to come with when imported.
    Having said that, I have never seen any of the replacement glasses - email Roughtrax to find out.
    Mark

Comment

Thanks, Mark. Yes, email with Roughtrax confirms this. I'm surprised, actually. I assumed the United States would be the more retarded place in terms of requiring the 'old thing'(flat mirrors) when a new, better thing(convex mirrors) was available, but apparently not everyone agrees about what the definition of 'better' is.
      97 4Runner 3.4/4WD/5spd/OME 881/890 in CA, USA

Comment

Working...
      X