Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All - Advice Please!

Hello All,

Signed up to this forum ages ago when thinking of buying a Hilux (Always fancied one)- Anyway got my mits on a 3rd Gen SSR-G 3L TD, and boy what a machine...

Recently slapped on a full set of Cooper Discoverer A/T3's after lots of reading around on suitable tires and what not - So far so good, no scary moments been great in the rain etc... Also looking very forward to snow conditions!

I have now developed a 'creak' my suspicions are dodgy/lazy spring, now cn anyone reccomend who or where to purchase suspension related equipment for my little beast please?

Regards Sy.

Ya could try here:-
    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/
    http://www.milneroffroad.com/
    Good Luck

12+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

If you have a friendly Toyota dealer and give him the Surf vin details you may be surprised at how cheap some Surf parts can be.

Comment

Hi,
        When does the "creak" happen if it's just when your turning on full lock it might just be the infamous plastic lock stops, dab a bit of grease on top and bottom both sides and bobs your uncle..just thought it may be worth checking..

Mike

Comment

it might be the bush on the bottom of the shock is it a creak or a squeak? if it is the bush then what your hearing is metal on metal, I had it on mine.

colin
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I get a bit of a moaning noise when I'm driving.

I've narrowed it down to only happening when the Mrs is in the truck.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by mickyod View Post
              Hi,
              When does the "creak" happen if it's just when your turning on full lock it might just be the infamous plastic lock stops, dab a bit of grease on top and bottom both sides and bobs your uncle..just thought it may be worth checking..

Mike
              Thank you all for your responses!

Mike it's definitely a creaking noise, rather than the moaning from the better half

It happens on straights but definitely more noticeable on full lock. I also have a lazy spring/shock which I am also in the process of purchasing/changing.

Will definitely grease up all the bump stops and see how that works out. Will feedback once done.

I have looked at the springs on roughtrax and seem to find mixed reactions about the quality- Is there a particular type you guys would recommend?

Comment

Sy,
                Can only speak for myself, but I have recently installed a set of RT +2" springs and so far I'm happy with em.
                They look decent quality too and although bright red isn't my first choice of colour they do look quite good 👍😊

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mickyod View Post
                  Sy,
                  Can only speak for myself, but I have recently installed a set of RT +2" springs and so far I'm happy with em.
                  They look decent quality too and although bright red isn't my first choice of colour they do look quite good 👍😊

Mike
                  I have taken a leap of faith and gone for the 20% stronger blue ones from milners, I will again update once installed...

Comment

I got the milners 20%
                    Lot thicker
                    Cant really comment on performance, i haven't noticed any difference!
                    (I had a saggy arse before)

Comment

Originally posted by Jameswallace View Post
                      I got the milners 20%
                      Lot thicker
                      Cant really comment on performance, i haven't noticed any difference!
                      (I had a saggy arse before)
                      Well the postie delivered the milners front springs this morning so got to say an excellent service, received within 48 hours of payment.

Springs are black in colour and do look a little thicker by visual comparison, also seem to have a 'rubber' type layer of protection which always helps.

Off to the the mates garage to fit them up tomorrow so will add some pics and an initial review after a driveabout (And grease up the bump-stops while im at it!)...

Comment

Working...
                      X