Bad Garage Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Garage Rant

3rd of July I bought a 2005 fiesta for my partner to commute the 6 miles to work in. Because she wanted an auto I travelled 200 miles to Batley, Leeds for the car. It broke down on the way home after covering 75 miles, wouldn't select gears. Garage collected the car repaired and delivered 1 week later, saying the alternator was at fault. 1st of August it broke down again demonstrating the same problem, phoned the garage and they agreed to repair but wouldn't collect the car as it was my problem to get it back to them.

Several weeks gone by arguing over this I got in touch with Santander, the finance company. It took them until the 28th October to get the car collected and the garage has had it since. I've spoken with them every week since and I keep getting excuses as to why it's not fixed. Now due to unforeseen circumstances I start a new job and I am no longer able to run the partner to work.

Iv calculated how much it's cost me over the last 5 months and the figure stands at 1414 without the cost of running her to work.

For that I think - 2.0 diesel golf doing 45mpg x 24 miles a day = 280 quid.

I'm sick fed up and wish I'd never seen the car. Will there be any way to get my costs back, I don't have receipts for train tickets, hotels etc. but have had to pay for finance, insurance and road tax even though I haven't had the car.

If some sentences don't make sense it's because I'm in a rage and even when I proof read it makes sense.
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Simple.
    Is the car fit for purpose? No.
    Have you asked for it to be repaired? Yes.
    Have you given them ample time to repair? Yes.

You demand either the cost of the car back or the car repaired.
    If no reply, then small claims court.

You need to be quoting the sale of goods act.

Oh and good luck.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Do you want some of us Leeds boys to call round & "have a word"?

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
        I'm in.

Only 15 minutes from my house.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
          In an ideal world, yes. I could even send a package down to be dropped off..
          Paul

Comment

As Shokenore says it's not fit for purpose, demand a full refund. (You are entitled to that)
            Not sure if it's possible to get any of your costs back though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
              Not sure if it's possible to get any of your costs back though.
              No, you won't be able to recover what is 'consequential loss' - pity. Good luck.

Comment

Update.

Last Monday, Told Santander I'm rejecting the car and they said they have to ask the dealer if that's ok. Today I phoned them and told them I'm stopping my finance payments.

"Oh no sir, you can't do that it's breaking your agreement."

Watch me. I've "owned" the car for 24 weeks, yet my partner has only had 4 weeks use from it. Looked through santanders T's&C's and there's three pages of their rights, and half a page for mine.

I'm glad I'm with a finance company as if I'd paid cash I'd be.... Well in a predicament to put it politely. But having to keep paying payments now is beyond a joke.
                Paul

Comment

Working...
                X