Tyre upgrade help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickyod View Post
    I think he got new rims because he has gone to 16" for more tyre choice?
    Could of just stuck some 31s on the 15s though and saved a couple of quid..

Mike
    Decided to get the wheels because the old ones were in a poor state and I couldn't be arsed to refurbish.

Decided to go 265 70 R16 with the tyres. Should be getting them in the coming weeks and will post a pic or 2 when fitted.

Cheers for all the help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by srbsma View Post
      Decided to get the wheels because the old ones were in a poor state and I couldn't be arsed to refurbish.

Decided to go 265 70 R16 with the tyres. Should be getting them in the coming weeks and will post a pic or 2 when fitted.

Cheers for all the help guys!
      You should try ajs 4x4tyres just off the a217 very good prices and fitted.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

srbsma,
        I have seen you are looking for some 16" BFGs for your Gen 2 Surf.
        If you are coming anywhere near Exeter/Honiton in Devon over the next few weeks, I have 2 new BFG AT KO 265/70.16 tyres spare.
        Unused and with white writing on one side only (so you can choose whether to show it or not).
        £90 each if you can collect. Tried to put this into a PM for you but it was refused by the system for some reason.
        Cheers,
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
          srbsma,
          I have seen you are looking for some 16" BFGs for your Gen 2 Surf.
          If you are coming anywhere near Exeter/Honiton in Devon over the next few weeks, I have 2 new BFG AT KO 265/70.16 tyres spare.
          Unused and with white writing on one side only (so you can choose whether to show it or not).
          £90 each if you can collect. Tried to put this into a PM for you but it was refused by the system for some reason.
          Cheers,
          Mark
          Hmm, I may be interested in that offer. Are they new as in brand NEW and never been fitted, or new as in "new-ish?" Could you please email me back and send some pics to smabacon@hotmail.co.uk. Thanks.

Comment

Yes, they are completely new and unfitted. They have been stored in the dark in my garage for 18 months.
            I will try and get some pics for you later today.
            Mark

Comment

Hey everyone, I promised I'd update so here we are. Bit of a delay due to moving house but finally got them fitted yesterday. Had alot of hassle getting the old wheels off due to rounded or cracked wheel nuts but got there eventually.

New size 265/70/R16. Standard truck, no lift. Brand new wheels and 2 tyres. Plus 2 barely-worn tyres. Total spend £600.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by srbsma View Post
                Hey everyone, I promised I'd update so here we are. Bit of a delay due to moving house but finally got them fitted yesterday. Had alot of hassle getting the old wheels off due to rounded or cracked wheel nuts but got there eventually.

New size 265/70/R16. Standard truck, no lift. Brand new wheels and 2 tyres. Plus 2 barely-worn tyres. Total spend £600.
                Looks good, well done.
                If you ever need a hand with your truck give me a shout, I'm just away from Billingshurst mate😊

Comment

Looks good, well done.
                  If you ever need a hand with your truck give me a shout, I'm just away from Billingshurst mate?
                  Hello Sussex men!
                  I used to live in the area in the early nineties,: Southwater, Cowfold and Horsham itself.
                  Lovely area with great pubs...
                  Those were the days...still I couldn't afford nice trucks then, used to potter around in a dodgy Renault 5...
                  All the best

Comment

Originally posted by tashtego View Post
                    Hello Sussex men!
                    I used to live in the area in the early nineties,: Southwater, Cowfold and Horsham itself.
                    Lovely area with great pubs...
                    Those were the days...still I couldn't afford nice trucks then, used to potter around in a dodgy Renault 5...
                    All the best
                    Not so many good pubs now but still a few gems, nothing wrong with an R5 as long as it's a gordini or turbo 2 😊 bet the weather is nicer where you are though😊

Comment

20mins away from you in west sussex..After seeing yours I'm definatly going for 16"...very nice.
                      Last edited by Overland Tonka; 19 March 2014, 10:41.
                      .... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                        20mins away from you in west sussex..After seeing yours I'm definatly going for 16"...very nice.
                        Yep me too, I have 16" steel mods (just getting round to painting em) and some 235 85 16 BFGs(aquired cheaply off a LR owning pal) to fit👍

Comment

Not so many good pubs now but still a few gems, nothing wrong with an R5 as long as it's a gordini or turbo 2 ? bet the weather is nicer where you are though?
                          ###### breweries....yes, the weather's no comparison...although on a nice spring day Worthing was nice...with the oid windsurf....I hope Mr Li's in Horsham is still open, used to do a mean Chinese spread....cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X