Blown Surf Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Surf Value

As some of you know my surf is blown up. Was planning on putting the v8 in but the mechanic has taken too long and it still isn't started.

With me being a self employed farmer I need the 4wd when the bad weather comes so thinking about selling both the surf and the lexus to buy another running diesel surf.

What should I ask for the surf? I need 700 for the lexus as it comes with a genuine water pump and timing belt kit.
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Originally posted by M8WHR View Post
    What should I ask for the surf?
    Ask for money, you can do things with that.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I'm surprised it's took this long to get a smart remark.. My post is basically an invitation for them..

Thanks for the advice... I will bear that invaluable information in mind..
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by M8WHR View Post
        I'm surprised it's took this long to get a smart remark.. My post is basically an invitation for them..

Thanks for the advice... I will bear that invaluable information in mind..
        Well, you have come to the right place for smart answers.
        You are lucky the grammar police appear to be on some form of sabbatical.

Some details of the vehicle you are selling might have been helpful, for instance is it taxed?
        Would you be willing to swap them for a running truck?
        You might find that someone would be interested in taking the both the Surf and the Lexus?
        What would you want for both of them?
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          Ask for money, you can do things with that.

Money is good.
          Ho's and bitches can be troublesome.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

To be honest I can't remember. It's been off the road since August. Think its mot'd till April, tax could be out next month. The last mot passed with advisories on the front ball joints. Truck is by no way mint, it has been used properly, and is part of the dirty club. It currently has 2 brand new General Grabber AT's on which I would keep, but I will find a set of wheels and tyres to send it off with.

It's a 95 3.0 auto. Lots of receipts for it.

Would be good to swap both for a running motor, but if I am selling obviously the people on here would have first shout.
            Paul

Comment

IMO I would say that £700 for the Lexus may be a bit steep.
              And scarily enough not much, if any more for the Surf
              Sorry
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I have a 3.0 1kz with all the ancilleries you can have for £400. (100k miles recent glow plugs etc from my 3rd gen)

I'll chuck in the loom (almost complete) and ECU too if you like.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

Cheers for the offer Karma. Decided to just push the mechanic harder and do more myself. Got the engine just about ready to lift out the hilux yesterday.

I'd just regret it if I didn't do it or worse.. Sell the surf.

Shokenore I will thank you one day for your "short arm with deep pockets" valuations. You have pushed me to keep building. dozey:
                  Last edited by M8WHR; 23 November 2013, 04:34.
                  Paul

Comment

If you want a real idea of what it's worth you need to ask Yoshie as he has significant experience in valuing Surfs

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                    X