X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check light

Hi all,
    Bit of help needed from the people in the know,
    My check light does not come on,unless the temp outside is around freezing.So for the last two mornings it's been coming on,but only on first start up and not again until the next morning(as long as its cold).
    Could anyone please shine some light onto what could be the reason.
    Thanks in advance Mick.

What is this check light?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Hi,it's the engine check light next to the turbo light on the 2.4.This is also used to get fault codes. Mick

Comment

Check light will come on when ignition is turned on then will go off when you start the engine, personally I wouldn't worry unless it's on while driving but you could try reading the fault codes to see if any are present
        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Hi,thanks for that Muddle,but the prob is when I try and pull any codes off,the light does not come on at all.would you know where it gets its signal from,it seems like heat has got something to do with it. Many thanks Mick.

Comment

Could be as simple as an issue with the clocks. Maybe the vibration of starting the engine causes it to come on?
            well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Hi, thanks for that Muddle,but it only happens when it's cold,nothing at all when it's warm,unless its the cold damp air helping make a connection,worth a look over the weekend.Thanks again ...Mick.

Comment

Have you checked oil & coolant levels? Not sure what sensors a surf has, but a friends BMW threw an error on cold mornings due to low coolant level!

Comment

Working...
                X