Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickyod View Post
    Well that didn't go as planned!!
    Failed the mot on missing rear roll bar??
    I didn't think he would be able to fail it if it's not there but he has..so it's still in the garage and will be having the ARB reinstalled (then taken back off when I get it home and tested somewhere else next year) didn't change the idler arm bushes and wasn't even mentioned (even though they were advisories last year)
    But loads of silly ones like "oil leak" etc..tester was obviously in a bad mood today... ####ed off.com
    The ARB on/off for testing has been discussed once or twice.
    I would think that the tester probably is not as most people think a complete buffoon.
    Whether if the vehicle was passed without the vehicle having a most critical safety feature removed and on the first corner you wobbled round after leaving the station you actually toppled over and crushed a load of nuns taking an even larger load of disadvantaged children to see Santa Claus is obviously debatable.
    The fact is, having a vehicle presented without a ARB would have probably nudged even the most dim witted of brains as being out of the ordinary.
    You could appeal, although this is likely to bring greater scrutiny or you could put the ARB back on get it tested, then next year take it to a different garage, but put it through a pre mot and see what is mentioned.

I personally don't get the hang up with the ARB's and having them removed, yes I understand the idea of articulation if the vehicle requires it, but honestly how many times have you had your progress halted by lack of axle articulation?

But yeah you are probably right, the mot tester doesn't like you
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Wouldn't mind but he's never met me, my mechanic takes it for its ticket!!
      Still at least I went and had the 2" springs fitted (which I wouldn't have done had I not broken the ARB bolt) hey ho at least I will get my truck back on the road...don't like not having it on the drive!!

Comment

Working...
      X