Failed MOT today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed MOT today

I took the surf for its MOT today after fixing the fog light that came off at the pit about 9 months ago.(note to myself, must take it off before I get to Norfolk)
    1st failure N/S Brake light
    2nd O/S head light to high
    3rd Nothing else
    Oh and 1 Advise play in steering idler arm must be fixed in the next couple of months.

I LOVE MY SURF
    I'm a custard donut monster

Originally posted by jotto
    I took the surf for its MOT today after fixing the fog light that came off at the pit about 9 months ago.(note to myself, must take it off before I get to Norfolk)
    3rd Nothing else
    Oh and 1 Advise play in steering idler arm must be fixed in the next couple of months.

I LOVE MY SURF
    So you have had it retested already then? My headlamps aren't so high since replacing the rear springs!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

I've got the scary day coming up Thursday... Stevo (the best head replacement man in the NW!) taking care of... already briefed him that the foglight needs replacing, oh, and the front indicator I broke on a corsa...

Fingers crossed....

Comment

back to my mini's... always take a spare bulb... the bloke used to laugh his head off when we turned up with a grease gun and bulb... hold the bulb in each socket that don't work and grease the bits he fails it on!... saves you checking it before you leave!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
          3rd Nothing else

I LOVE MY SURF
          Hi Jotto

Thinking back we did have have a lift block left over thats why the o/s light is the only one high.

See you Sunday

Geoff.
          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Last year's MOT mine failed on a brake light bulb that I had only changed the day before - and it hasn't failed since so it was just the Gremlins that done it.

Mind you it passed first time this year.

You want to bring it over to Hemel and get it done at Motest in Bennets end. The guy there likes Surfs and won't fail a car on a bulb - he'll replace the bulb (and he don't charge for little things like that).

I talk all the cars there now, it's while you wait so new booking up.

Cheers

Comment

Mine blew two bulbs the day before it's mot - what is it about bulbs and mots. Is this some new form of earthly intelligence?
              Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
                Mine blew two bulbs the day before it's mot - what is it about bulbs and mots. Is this some new form of earthly intelligence?
                I think all cars come with the built in Sods law accessory!!

Comment

Working...
                X