yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie with an interesting Modded DIMOS Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit, it's fun having a turbo boost button and all, but I have reservations about anything that is not "stock" from the factory. surely the over boost will shorten the lifespan of the turbo?
    In your collective opinions, how hard would this be to return to "normal"?
    Can I just remove the DIMOS chip, or is there more to it?
    Thanks
    James

Comment

Simple. Remove the two hoses that are at the same end and use a joiner to connect both these together or find the other end of both and replace with a suitable length of hose, so you have a loop where they are connected to the turbo wastegate actuator.

Nev.

Comment

Here's a pic of the hose location -

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Here's a pic of the hose location -

Nev.
          Cheers Nev, that is pretty easy

Is there actually any danger to the turbo having this over boost device in?

Comment

I am pretty sure the ECU limits boost to about 13PSI before it decides not to supply any extra fuel. If you want to keep the boost controller, you need a boost gauge so you know what it's maximum boost is set at. Not sure of what long term affect too much boost does but better to be conservative. Just remove it if you don't want to get a boost gauge.

Nev.

Comment

I am pretty sure the ECU limits boost to about 13PSI before it decides not to supply any extra fuel. If you want to keep the boost controller, you need a boost gauge so you know what it's maximum boost is set at. Not sure of what long term affect too much boost does but better to be conservative. Just remove it if you don't want to get a boost gauge.

Nev.
              The car has a boost guage fitted too - on the drivers side door column. There is also a box with plenty of wires in the passenger footwell - presumably to program the chip?

Comment

Also, to save me going down my lock-up in the pouring rain, does anyone know the diameter (internal & external) for the rocker cover breather pipe?

Also, what sort of tubing/pipe is best running to the catch can? Silicone or PVC?

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
                  The car has a boost guage fitted too - on the drivers side door column.
                  What boost readings are you getting?

There is also a box with plenty of wires in the passenger footwell - presumably to program the chip?
                  Is there wiring connected to the chip? I can't see it.

Nev.

Comment

What boost readings are you getting?
                    Is there wiring connected to the chip? I can't see it.
                    Nev.
                    Ok, i have more pics!

This is the box stashed in the passenger footwell:

The boost meter:

Watching the boost gauge, the needle doesn't seem to go higher at the max, it just jumps by maybe one or two notches on the dial - when kept t same revs.

It also feels faster to boost.

Thanks again for all your help & patience

James
                    Last edited by Trunks; 5 November 2013, 01:30.

Comment

Also just noticed it has an updated fan too.

Comment

Watching the boost gauge, the needle doesn't seem to go higher at the max, it just jumps by maybe one or two notches on the dial - when kept t same revs.

It also feels faster to boost.

Thanks again for all your help & patience

James
                        Rip it all out and put it back to standard!

The previous owner obviously thought he was driving a Supra.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                          Rip it all out and put it back to standard!

The previous owner obviously thought he was driving a Supra.
                          To be honest, that's what I'm thinking. I just don't want to fudge anything up by removing it. From what I can work out, it's been like this since before it was imported!

Comment

Those Blitz Boost Controllers are a solenoid operation and the thing under the bonnet does't seem to be part of it unless they did not use the Blitz Solenoid and instead used the DIMOS. That really doesn't seem right to me as the DIMOS seems to be a mechanical controller because it has what seems to be two bleed vaves attached to it.

Here's a PDF on the Blitz -

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...55980276,d.aGc

I actually have a Blitz boost controller here and it's the type with the Spec S solenoid. Does the wiring from the box actually go to the DIMOS unit?

Nev.

Comment

No Nev, there are no electric wires at all connected to the DIMOS device.

The wires from the blitz box head off behind the centre console - I've not traced them yet.

Does the blitz box override the Toyota CPU then?

I'm still struggling to understand what the golden box might do, is this just a mechanical thing?

Comment

Hmmm! Looking at the PDF you posted, I think I understand (ish). It looks like their should definitely be some connection between the. Blitz box & the solenoid (gold chip?).

Armed with torch, I'm going to have another gander

Comment

Working...
                                X