yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie with an interesting Modded DIMOS Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That hole is in the rocker cover and is the engine breather. The hose that you say is not long enough should be connected here or you will get oil from engine blowby everywhere. Diesels always have a bit of oil being blown out there and that is why a catch can is used. Maybe an exta bit of hose and and a joiner will fix that problem.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
      That hole is in the rocker cover and is the engine breather. The hose that you say is not long enough should be connected here or you will get oil from engine blowby everywhere. Diesels always have a bit of oil being blown out there and that is why a catch can is used. Maybe an exta bit of hose and and a joiner will fix that problem.

Nev.
      Cheers Nev, that's what i thought. So, what does the return go to then?

God i need to buy a workshop manual

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks View Post
        Cheers Nev, that's what i thought. So, what does the return go to then?

God i need to buy a workshop manual
        Return from catch can goes back to the intake. I think the return is connected properly. Have a look at pic four of yours and you will see a pipe connected to the alloy intake. With what looks like the return hose from catch can connected at the top. Follow this down and there should be another hose at the end of this tube connected to intake.

Here's the 1KZ-TE Manual here -

http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/info/

Also remove the catch can and see how big the bore in the fittings are. If too small they can create a restriction and can cause other problems such a pressure to build up in the engine, which is not good for seals. If the bore is less than around 12mm then consider different catch can or bigger fittings. If ok give it a clean and check how much oil is in there after a couple of weeks.

Nev.
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 31 October 2013, 03:51.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Also remove the catch can and see how big the bore in the fittings are. If too small they can create a restriction and can cause other problems such a pressure to build up in the engine, which is not good for seals. If the bore is less than around 12mm then consider different catch can or bigger fittings. If ok give it a clean and check how much oil is in there after a couple of weeks.

Nev.
          Thanks Nev, I'll check that out

Comment

Cruise control actuator circled ?
            Attached Files

Comment

You should not return your catch can it should be atmospheric with a stand alone filter otherwise returning to the intake can sludge up the intake pipe. Just block the hole on your intake.
              GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marcdtr View Post
                You should not return your catch can it should be atmospheric with a stand alone filter otherwise returning to the intake can sludge up the intake pipe. Just block the hole on your intake.
                It may well sludge up the intake.
                But this must be better than venting to atmosphere?

Why bother with the emissions test during the MoT?
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                  Cruise control actuator circled ?
                  It may have the part, but it's got a wooden steering wheel(which I hate), with no buttons on it!

Comment

As said above, catch can anda boost controller.

I bought a catch can for my V8...

But didn't have enough room under the bonnet for it
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

I thought the reason for keeping a looped system - with a catch can in - was to keep the pressure the same? If it's just returned back into the engine compartment, surely that would be changing the pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        It may well sludge up the intake.
                        But this must be better than venting to atmosphere?

Why bother with the emissions test during the MoT?
                        emissions would not make difference either way. You could ask why have a catch can if you do regular oil changes and clean out breathers and have no internal mods or high boost.

Comment

emissions would not make difference either way. You could ask why have a catch can if you do regular oil changes and clean out breathers and have no internal mods or high boost.
                          So if a catch can is such a good idea, why do all the motor manufacturers vent the oil vapour back into the air intake?
                          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

So if a catch can is such a good idea, why do all the motor manufacturers vent the oil vapour back into the air intake?
                            They have too as its seen to be the green thing to do.

Comment

They have too as its seen to be the green thing to do.
                              So, it is due to emissions ?
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

So, it is due to emissions ?
                                Yes, but not the emissions out of your exhaust so your mot will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X