No announcement yet.

crashed 3rd gen surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found that s/h headlights are as rare as hens teeth , new from Toyota will set you back around £140.00 inc vat. the bumper should be able to be knocked out as its quite thick steel. Mine is identical to yours except for that little nudge thing on the front, same colour, mine had the passenger front side smashed in, cost just over £500.00 to repair inc new headlight.

Comment

Hi MullinsJ.

Sorry to hear about your crash.

I think that the 3rd gen I got the gearbox out of is still in a garage in Galway. Last time I saw it still had a full front, but that was a while ago.

If you want I can enquire and see if it's still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Fey! View Post
        Hi MullinsJ.

Sorry to hear about your crash.

I think that the 3rd gen I got the gearbox out of is still in a garage in Galway. Last time I saw it still had a full front, but that was a while ago.

If you want I can enquire and see if it's still around.
        It would be great if you could check, thanks

Comment

Sorry that that one didn't work out for you.

I had a look at donedeal as it sometimes has them for breaking. Nothing at the moment though.

There's a breaker called Connolly up around Ballaghadreen who's pretty good to deal with. Or Traynors in Armagh.

http://www.traynors.co.uk/index.html

Comment

Just a quick update on this..... well the surf is still parked up waiting to be fixed. I've sourced most of the parts needed but can't seem to get a used bumper

Toyota are looking for 700 EUR new and I'll also have to get new brackets etc

I'm thinking about sourcing a steel bull bar from Ironman, more expensive than the Toyota option at 888 GBP (1,000 + EURO) but I probably prefer to go with it if I'm going to have to spend crazy money anyway

West Coast 4x4 seem to think the Prado 90/95 Protector bull bar will fit the Surf but they haven't actually done it, just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of an Ironman bullbar being fitted to a Surf?

The bull bar is very similar to the ARB sahara bull bar but a lot cheaper

http://westcoastoffroad.co.uk/shop/a...ag-compatible/

Last edited by mullinsj; 21 February 2014, 12:07.

Comment

Well I finally managed to get a replacement bumper on ebay

I really happy to be back in the surf and I just want to thank all the member who supplied parts and advice, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X