Warning - Adrian Fux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - Adrian Fux

You see that advert up in the top right corner? Ignore it.

Back in August, I asked Adrian Flux if my premium would change if I changed my Delica to a camper.

Eventually, they got in touch and said they'd need to see photos and an invoice to quote for it. Fine, I thought, when it's done I'll send it over.

Last week, they sent me an email asking for £65.13 for no apparent reason. This week, they sent me a notice that they are going to cancel my cover on Thursday. No phone call, no nothing just, basically extortion.

Thieving scumbags. Their notice says that they're not even going to refund me for the two months left!

had bad experience with them too
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I hate insurance companies. Had my rant on here last night over something similar with sureterm.

Comment

My car insurance, right choice, done the same thing after I missed a payment. Letter came through saying my insurance would be cancelled after 7 days.

I'm a self employed farm worker, some of the farmers I work for are in no hurry to part with the cash. So even though my payment is set for the 10th I missed it.

I phoned them up and told them I didn't like being threatened and if they were intending sending a similar letter out again over a silly mishap, I would be cancelling the policy myself.

I was constantly checking ask mid website to see if my car was still registered as insured, and always got worried when I seen a traffic car.
        Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
          You see that advert up in the top right corner? Ignore it.
          When I first bought my Surf, AF were the first people I rang. Their quote was daft compared to some of the prices I'd seen banded about on here. Even though I'd just paid my subs here and everything.

Eventually I stayed with Direct Line for ~20 quid more a year, IIRC.

I use firefox and run the AdBlock plugin, so I don't really see any adverts. I use Roughtrax anyway.
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Heh, I saw this before looking for quotes...

I decided to AVOID FLUX....

But they were the only people that would give me a quote straight away, so accidently went with them...

Fingers crossed I don't regret it!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Just out of interest, I'm guessing that the thread title is intentional. I somehow don't see Sancho as the type to misspell or accidentally drop a letter. Could Sancho please confirm that my faith in him is justified
              Сви можемо

Comment

I had big problems with sureteam. I have had several quotes from flux, first when I wanted business use on the truck they were pricey. Then they tried to rip me on my no claims bonus, so not sure I will bother trying again. Trouble is all insurance firms are swines.

Comment

guess its horses for courses. Had three vehs insured with flux inc my pick up with 36" tyres 4" body lift, 6" suspension lift, rover 3.5 V8 engine engine with no troubles at all on any of them and cheapest by far.
                  Like all things in life I suspect you get the odd bad thing or experience
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi View Post
                    guess its horses for courses. Had three vehs insured with flux inc my pick up with 36" tyres 4" body lift, 6" suspension lift, rover 3.5 V8 engine engine with no troubles at all on any of them and cheapest by far.
                    Like all things in life I suspect you get the odd bad thing or experience
                    I would agree . And remember they have to put up with the general public, me included.

Comment

I honestly didn't know that they load up the premium if you are Ginger.

Thank f**k I'm not.

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I was not over impressed with AF when I joined them but bearing in mind that they are a broker and not an actual insurance company my recent incident was handled by a company called URL which was then passed to a company CCL which organised the hire vehicle and dealt with the 3rd party insurance, Af didn't really get involved and my insurance was just sent a letter for information only, as the injured party however I will await with interest my next premium quote.

Comment

Working...
                        X