New(ish) Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(ish) Car

Well after much deliberation and viewing of lots and lots of cars and driving a good 500 or so miles tracking down what I was assured were "bargains" and "first to see will buy" , and viewing some complete overpriced sheds, I put a silly bid via ebay on a local car, less than 2 miles away and won.

So the Mrs now has a low mileage full dealer serviced Astra to do her commute in.
    I am so looking forward to not being held to ransom at the fuel pump with the Astra and the Surf can now take a well earned sabbatical, whilst I carry out all the tasks I have had to put off as the Mrs needed the truck to get to work.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Good news. I hope that works out well for you, and I hope the Surf now gets the TLC which it deserves.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
      Well after much deliberation and viewing of lots and lots of cars and driving a good 500 or so miles tracking down what I was assured were "bargains" and "first to see will buy" , and viewing some complete overpriced sheds, I put a silly bid via ebay on a local car, less than 2 miles away and won.

So the Mrs now has a low mileage full dealer serviced Astra to do her commute in.
      I am so looking forward to not being held to ransom at the fuel pump with the Astra and the Surf can now take a well earned sabbatical, whilst I carry out all the tasks I have had to put off as the Mrs needed the truck to get to work.

Isn't that just the way...I drove 100's of miles looking for a bike...I bought one from the dealer at the end of my road...

Comment

.............................. .............................. ..
        Surf can now take a well earned sabbatical, whilst I carry out all the tasks I have had to put off as the Mrs needed the truck to get to work.

Excellent!

Here's one near you........
        http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/73K-MILES-...item4d137e22b5

Shame about the Vauxhall though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
          Good news. I hope that works out well for you, and I hope the Surf now gets the TLC which it deserves.
          Thanks Alex, I have a stack of jobs that I have been putting off incase they took longer than one day, as that was all the time I would get.
          Originally posted by andyverran View Post
          Isn't that just the way...I drove 100's of miles looking for a bike...I bought one from the dealer at the end of my road...
          Thought you said you lived in the posh part of Reading?

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Excellent!

Here's one near you........
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/73K-MILES-...item4d137e22b5

Shame about the Vauxhall though.
          Subtle Vince
          You gotta keep the 2.4 owners going as they are your potential customers
          Although with all the money I will be potentially saving on fuel.........

First job in the Astra gotta change the stereo tomorrow, so thats gonna take all of about 10 minutes.. laugh it up no more complete dash dismantling and working upside down hunting for screws....
          Last edited by shokenore; 11 October 2013, 22:57.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thought you said you lived in the posh part of Reading?
            LOL, I think you may find it was others who said that (I'm not from round here, got no idea)....and some roads can be quite long

Comment

Working...
            X