see the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see the difference?

looking true my files, i found this pic, when i replaced the original for the one of a TOYOTA LAND CRUISER vx 80 series! it fits fine, just its bigger and more fins, so i guess more cooling power
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

That's a great comparison shot J.C. I would be greatly interested to hear what our resident tech heads think about the comparative airflow characteristics and how much more CFM the new fan would shift. Would the shrouds have to be removed, and could there be any downside to that conversion ?
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

i would say that it will be easier to fit when rad out, because it sits about
      10-15 mm nearer the rad.
      i never payed attention to temp difference, just did because got too many things in front, (8 inch fogs, atf cooler,...)
      it never complained about temp, towing, offroading,...

Comment

Originally posted by MWS View Post
        That's a great comparison shot J.C. I would be greatly interested to hear what our resident tech heads think about the comparative airflow characteristics and how much more CFM the new fan would shift. Would the shrouds have to be removed?
        CFM? what that means?
        shrouds?

this is bolt in bolt out, no cutting or modd.
        changed the plastic bit only not the rest, if that what you mean.

Comment

Cubic Feet/Minute. More to it than just the number of blades. Shape, flex and blade angle all play a part. I think the stock fan is a bit sturdier than the eight blade.

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
            Cubic Feet/Minute. More to it than just the number of blades. Shape, flex and blade angle all play a part. I think the stock fan is a bit sturdier than the eight blade.

Nev.

But it's red, surely that counts for something?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              But it's red, surely that counts for something?
              Oh yeah forgot about that. Had red brake drums on my 6 cylinder HQ wagon years ago. That made it go faster or was it the fact that it was bored out, had a 1/4 race cam, Yella Terra stage three head, extractors and a 350CFM (I think it was) Holley. Sure it must have been the red drums though. ###### thing used more fuel than a 308 V8 though.

Nev.

Comment

the burgundy, or the red one??

Comment

So does the 'Cruiser fan shift more air and cool better ? .........Anybody ?

Comment

So does the 'Cruiser fan shift more air and cool better ? .........Anybody ?
                    Shifts more air and is noiser.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Shifts more air and is noiser.
                      Dremmel some little 'v's into the end of the blades, that will help with some of the noise.
                      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                        Dremmel some little 'v's into the end of the blades, that will help with some of the noise.
                        That's interesting, Ady. I know that some fans are designed with offset blades to run more quietly, but how would little vees work ?

Comment

No idea what the Vs would do but wouldn't they be inclined to cause something to crack.

Nev.

Comment

Great mod. Would benefit the 2.4 a lot. Guess the fan is relatively cheap too
                            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

That's interesting, Ady. I know that some fans are designed with offset blades to run more quietly, but how would little vees work ?
                              I have no idea how they work, nearly all the scimitar style blades I see at work have the blade ends finished with little V's , and they are all touted as being "super quiet".

If you were going to do this I reckon the easiest way to stop them cracking would be to have a hole drilled in the blade tip and the v start from the hole.
                              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X