New Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf

I am taking delivery of my surf weds. and getting excited, Ordered it 22 may taking a long time (delays in docks and customs). Can anyone tell me what to look 4 good/bad, If i don't like i don't buy and get refund except £500 for import and conversion, MOT. So any help would be great !!!

P.s The back bumper has been replaced so no rust.
    Get Them B 4 They Get U

As its BLUE it should be ok. so enjoy it
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

not too much tat inside, you'll have to bin the stereo and rplace it... turbo timer could stay, looks clean get it undersealed and then go crash it into a muddy bank
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Dennis,
        Just take a long slow walk around her, then go opposite direction, look really close.
        Then lift bonnet, look for any sign's of a water leak, check coolant, if not been done will probably be reddish.
        Look for any service stickers around front of engine, may have them may not.
        Also see if there is a Timing belt changed sticker, usually on top end of timing cover, when looking into engine comportment, its straight in front of you.
        Check Vin plate against documents, vin plate is on bulkhead above back of engine.
        What else, yer check all the seat belts, there is a year number on them in english, in your case should be 1993,on them all, not just the drivers.
        Is oil black or clear
        Battery, condition of both if two, look under them, to see if any corrison.
        Operate all windows ( without starting engine first ) if they don't open & close - maybe problems with them.
        Start engine after the windows have been tested, is a load test, if engine struggles to start, batteries might be knacked.
        Ask them to drop the spare down, not you - them, inspect it for cracks etc.
        Before starting engine remove radiator cap, & watch the water for at least 5 mins, if any & i mean any signs of bubbles, hit them over the head & take back your £500 & run.
        If engine is ok, crawl under ( not to far ) & inspect exhaust system & body, if rear bumper has been replaced due to rust ??? what about the rest of the body.

Thats me i think - god do i do all that & sum.

I'm sure other members will give you there answers also, but once you have her ENJOY
        [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by MAD4IT
          I am taking delivery of my surf weds. and getting excited, Ordered it 22 may taking a long time (delays in docks and customs). Can anyone tell me what to look 4 good/bad, If i don't like i don't buy and get refund except £500 for import and conversion, MOT. So any help would be great !!!

P.s The back bumper has been replaced so no rust.
          Excuse my ignorance,but what is that gadget just above the handbrake?
          Powered by ????

Comment

Just make sure she selects 4WD on the move and deselects it ok with no grinding or jumping, check the transmission oil it should be clean of particles and light in colour.
            The rest is just general wear and tear.
            I have had three years of happy Surfing 2.4 ssr-x, and i hope many more.
            Good luck with your surf on Wed

Comment

Forgot Forgot :
              when looking for the Timing belt sticker, if there is no sticker look real real close at the area mentioned on previous post.
              If there those little signs of sticky stuff, you know like when you try pulling a sticker of something & most of it comes away but there's nearly always a little bit of sticky left.
              Well if its like that, then its been clocked - they have removed the sticker & put the speedo back to under 100000 kms.

God given trade secrets away now
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by RobD
                Excuse my ignorance,but what is that gadget just above the handbrake?
                I've been told it's a turbo timer, What it deos i don't know ?
                Get Them B 4 They Get U

Comment

Originally posted by MAD4IT
                  I've been told it's a turbo timer, What it deos i don't know ?
                  as your vehicle has a turbo you should allow time for it to cool down before switching the engine off when you have parked. I believe that these stop you switching the engine off prematurely thus preventing damage to your turbo (don't quote me though - I've got a V6 )
                  NO WORRIES!
                  Rusty

Comment

4wd

ermmmm snorting bull suggests shifting to 4wd on the move . dont do this on tarmac will you as you can break it . you must be on a slippery surface in a 2nd gen . you can only drive in 4wd on tarmac in a 3rd gen .
                    black n tan
                    black n tan
                    yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

turbo timer

We have a turbo timer its super, once you are in "park" if you turn off the ignition and remove the key the engine will keep running and the timer will beep a few times, while the turbo cools, eventually the beeping goes a bit bonkers and the engine cuts out. If you aren't in park (yeah I know one SHOULD BE but sometimes you forget!!) then the engine just switches off.

The only time its annoying is at the petrol (ok Diesel) Station and you have to hang about waiting for it to cut out.

Apparently extends the life of the Turbo no end!

Our 2.4 TD SSR-X had no oil in it, needed a new CAM, full service (still had factory fit Oil, air and fuel filters on) A 12 YEAR OLD!!, needed new brake pads and shoes front and back had 4 very perished tyres and 1 perished tyre of a different size on the back. We spent over £500 on servicing, CAM, breaks etc and a further 260 on the cheapest 5 tyres we could find after the AA had to sort us out at midnight on the M5. We are complete numpties who didn't even think to check the oil before we drove it home from our unscrupulous driveway dealer. Its now going like a dream and even managed a 3hr jam on the motorway in 30 degrees on Sunday without over heating we are in LUUUURRRRVE with the Black BEAST!

Naomi
                      AKA - Mamadwyvin
                      www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
                        We have a turbo timer its super, once you are in "park" if you turn off the ignition and remove the key the engine will keep running and the timer will beep a few times, while the turbo cools, eventually the beeping goes a bit bonkers and the engine cuts out. If you aren't in park (yeah I know one SHOULD BE but sometimes you forget!!) then the engine just switches off.

if you press the on/off button (or similar) then it will not run on...
                        i only use mine so i can leave it running at cash machines and paper shops!

Comment

slug?

Weren't you Da BIG Man only last week...I can't keep up!

Our's hasn't got a button, in fact we can't see it, we don't know where it has been hidden!

N
                          Naomi
                          AKA - Mamadwyvin
                          www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
                            Weren't you Da BIG Man only last week...I can't keep up!

Our's hasn't got a button, in fact we can't see it, we don't know where it has been hidden!

N
                            could be self setting...
                            only trouble with them is that some alarms have a feature that unlocks the doors when you turn off the ignition... when you leave the motor running and it turns off, all the doors will unlock and that would be no fun!

had to change from da big man cos ricks much bigger than me!

(except his feet, which intigued his wife!)

Comment

Working...
                            X