Where did you sell your Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
    Every one knows Alan lives in London with his Mercedes and his wide tyred. Delica.
    I've not met him but he's got cars like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
      he's got cars like me.
      It's not treatable you know.

Comment

Based on my experience, I've sold 5 cars in about the last 8-10 years, most of which I put on ebay. As already stated you have a large audience, BUT I have never actually sold a car on ebay, I've used it more for advertising, you will get lots of people trying to "Buy it now", and as long as one of them offers you the right price, job done, from memory it cost me about £10 to list them, the 3 of the 5 that I listed all sold within a few days, start them at 99p no reserve, and people will come flocking, and if they don't just do the usual thing people do state its listed else where and pull it if the bids don't reach your expectations, but as said I had numerous calls and each car got bought "outside" of ebay.

My last 2 I listed on the various free sites, so Gumtree, Preloved, etc. Something else I learnt with my more recent sales was not to give too much info away, and don't advertise for too low a price, people automatically assume something is wrong, get a feel for the value and stick it around there or slightly above, always expect to be knocked down in price, but ideally you're looking to be "knocked down" to what you really want for it

I listed all sorts about my Mk2 GTI, specific colour, wheel name/size/tyres, lots of details from the history and only had one person come and look at her, also priced it at around what I wanted, which was £800, hoping to get £500, anyway after 2 weeks of fair amount of interest, but only one person coming to see it, I decided to take my neighbours advice and re-list it with bare minimum details, and this time for £1200 as of the majority of calls I received I constantly got asked whys it so cheap, what's wrong with it? Anyway I then got 3 or 4 calls on day one and someone came and bought it on day two for £950, point here is, by not giving too much away, people will contact wanting to know stuff at which point you've got them interested, don't then go on to say its the best car in the world, not a scratch on it, unless this is the case of course.

Also Freeads, loot, others I can't remember at the mo.

Also clean it thoroughly, or get someone to do it for you if you're busy (lazy?), a clean shiny car/truck gets people interested, a pic or two of an interior with empty crisp packets and half eaten pasties isn't good, be prepared if you do a good job of cleaning it you might just want to keep it (them) as it can almost feel new again

Then take some decent pics any half modern phone will do, don't take 100s, but all 4 sides, interior, chassis as they're 4x4s, and not in the dark, up your alley/drive, or with your finger over half the lens...

Anyway, sorry for waffling on as usual, but hopefully some of this is of use to you or someone else...

Thanks

Rog
        Last edited by fsaroyster; 2 October 2013, 19:53.

Comment

Some good tips in there might do that lot to sell my bike.

Comment

Working...
          X