Any heating engineers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any heating engineers?

Are there any heating engineers on here? I'm moving soon and the new house is going to get a new boiler at some point in the not too distant future, I'm looking for recommendations.

I'm thinking of going for a combi and adding an accumulator for added pressure instead of using shower pumps etc - what questions do I need to ask/know to get the right system, or should I get a standard condensing and a thermal store?
    “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
    Are there any heating engineers on here? I'm moving soon and the new house is going to get a new boiler at some point in the not too distant future, I'm looking for recommendations.

I'm thinking of going for a combi and adding an accumulator for added pressure instead of using shower pumps etc - what questions do I need to ask/know to get the right system, or should I get a standard condensing and a thermal store?
    I think popeye is / was a plumber. Personally, I would just have the combi (probably worcester). Thermal stores are a pain in the arse.

Comment

Depending on the number of bathrooms and radiators, the combi is a very practical way to go. I would only recommend Worcester though.
      If installed by a Worcester approved installer you can currently get up to eight years parts and labour warranty too!!

Alan

www.hawkstown.co.uk
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys, I was thinking of getting a Worcester boiler as they seem to be the best, is an accumulator worth getting?
        “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Worcester boilers are not that reliable! you would be better of with a Vaillant Eco tec pro at similar money or if your budget is tighter try Glow worm ultracom2 30CXI (built by Vaillant) and with a 3 year parts and labour warranty. We have fitted hundreds or them in our social housing schemes and don't seem to be having trouble with them. The worcester bosch boilers on the other hand have been giving us a lot of head aches.
          Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Worcester or Vaillant, both good boliers, i had my worcester for dam near 11-12 years, no probs, eventually it was condemed and replaced by an ideal, (through the grant system/scam) thats been a bit of trouble but it's covered so sod it, just wondering why you would need an accumulator? how many showers will you need? normally unless you have a very big house or running a shower block the combi will be plenty powerfull enough to run a shower,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Potterton are a good make aswell.
              GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

I fitted a little Ravenheat White Star LS80 combi around nine years ago now, never had a problem with it, bought it off-the-shelf at B&Q.

Comment

Working...
                X