No announcement yet.

@Growler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers, it's taken its time to get there, and yes plenty of travel in the pedal

P.S. it might be looking for a new home shortly due to some bad news I've received recently

Comment

Exellent work !!

Comment

Hmmm... I will have to look at fitting a switch to mine then!

Regarding selling: I hope it doesn't come to that.

Comment

Andy, trucks running OK now.
          The PCV hose had collapsed under vacuum causing the stalling when braking.
          You had two wires connected wrong at the ECU and an ECU earth wire was making an intermittent connection.
          Fitted a 4WD light to the dash.....see the 4WD occasionally thread

Just the speedo to get working now so I'll try that spare sensor tomorrow, the O/D light was flashing when out for a drive so 90% sure thats where the problem is.

Done this today too, comes on with the sidelights.........(Looks so cool at night and doesn't cause a distraction or reflect in the screen at all)

Hope you approve.

P.S. We've got to do something with your exhaust, it gave a headache driving around today!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Andy, trucks running OK now.
            The PCV hose had collapsed under vacuum causing the stalling when braking.
            You had two wires connected wrong at the ECU and an ECU earth wire was making an intermittent connection. Copied what was on the original ecu, or at least i thought i had
            Fitted a 4WD light to the dash.....see the 4WD occasionally thread Seen that and it looks good

Just the speedo to get working now so I'll try that spare sensor tomorrow, the O/D light was flashing when out for a drive so 90% sure thats where the problem is. should be in the big box if you haven't found it

Done this today too, comes on with the sidelights.........(Looks so cool at night and doesn't cause a distraction or reflect in the screen at all)

Hope you approve. I like that

P.S. We've got to do something with your exhaust, it gave a headache driving around today!
            With you on the exhaust, at cruising speed you need to knock OD off to get out of the drone zone

Comment

Haven't tried cruising speed yet, but did get into T/C lockup for a short distance.
              It gave me a headache just driving up the hills to the house where more revs are needed in the lower gears.

Those two middle tube 'silencers' are the culprits, not enough sound absorbing 'wadding in them as the bodies are too narrow. It's probably nearly all burned away by now as the truck is louder than when Gary it drove away from here originally!

Comment

Very nice truck!! I can see alot of work has gone into this one too.
                One day..................... one day................

Comment

And finally the speedo is working again, ended up swapping out sensors and clocks to find it appears to have been an issue in the wiring all along

click the pic

Comment

Eh! That got up to 50 pretty quickly considering it barely went over 1000RPM! Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                      Eh! That got up to 50 pretty quickly considering it barely went over 1000RPM! Sweet
                      No rolling resistance as wheels were in the air, also RPM gauge needs the potentiometer tweaking a little, but 30 mph is a little over tick over on this motor

Comment

Ah, right Thought it was a bit mellow for the displayed speed.

Head was battered for a moment

Comment

Working...
                        X