No announcement yet.

diff ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right I think I understand - you've cut out the centre of the upper wishbone and welded in a new bit to shift the balljoint and spacer so that you can get clearance ?

Cheers,
    Rob.

Comment

Yes, so if you look at your wishbone it tapers to the end. So cut and welded a plate under it so it sits horizontal to the floor when the wishbone is pointing slightly down to keep ride height. So it acts like a two inch spacer as well making the hub side taller than the combined wishbone pivot point. So got my travel back without fouling uo the ball joint.

I would say that anyone who goes for this kit wpuld be better off leaving the rear springs out and getting some lancruiser springs with spring adapter for the top. I had standard landcruoser ones which were about 1" taller than the lift springs. Now I have swapped them out for plus two landcruiser springs which sit the 35"s on sill level. A good thing about the kit is you get the new upper control arms which are slightly longer and push the axle to tilt backward lining up the prop a lot better.

All this will be stripped off amd sent to a good home when the new axles go on though.
      Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Working...
      X