Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head count............

Thought i'd try this we little poll.
    Surfers who have NOT had cylinder heads giving up.

A) Not had any head probloms-1st Gen

B) Not had any head probloms- 2nd Gen

C) Yes head has blown 1st Gen

D) Yes head has blown 2nd Gen
    A) No problems with head- 1st Gen
    3.23%
    B) No problems with head- 2nd Gen
    54.84%
    C) Yes head has blown- 1st Gen
    6.45%
    D) Yes head has blown- 2nd Gen.
    35.48%

The poll is expired.

hasn't this been done a few times before?
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=head+poll

Comment

Originally posted by muncher
        D) Yes head has blown 2nd Gen
        The previous owner had the head blow on him, so mine has had a modified head fitted. Fingers crossed there will be no problems.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Yes http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/pol...ults&pollid=14

Comment

I was interested to see if 1st or 2nd gen suffered more than others. The other poll didn't indicate that.

Comment

how about 3rd gen then? see if any of them have gone?

Comment

Might also be a good idea to see if automatic's are giving more trouble than manual as well (Different cooling setup with auto box). Also probably need to put in some critera about how long you have owned the surf. No point in voting if you only have it a couple of weeks but then again going by the forum a lot seem to give head trouble in this time...

Comment

Yes good points about the 3rd gen and auto or not etc. But i was trying to keep the poll brief but still informative. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the 3rd gen Surfs have the modified head on? ( 1996-> )

Comment

Originally posted by muncher
                    Yes good points about the 3rd gen and auto or not etc. But i was trying to keep the poll brief but still informative. Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the 3rd gen Surfs have the modified head on? ( 1996-> )

Not doing any more polls sick and tired of the head stuff, nuff said. I thank you
                    It won't work theres only about 6 1st gen owners on the forum, about 1800 2nd gen owners and 700 3rd gen owners. So as we know theres only as far as I recall a couple of 3.0 2nd gens have gone but was atrributed to water leaks, no 3rd gens to date or 1st gens. So that leaves the 2nd gen 2.4 and that I am afraid has been done to death.
                    Last edited by Koi; 6 September 2004, 13:28.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

That told me then..............

Comment

how about... "how many surfs have oil leaking from both diffs?"... seems to be my constant trouble at the mo!... maybe it'd be better if i didn't do the "drive to destruction" maintenance routine!

Comment

[QUOTE=Koi]Not doing any more polls sick and tired of the head stuff, nuff said. I thank you

you are wrong Koi I just LUV These head polls it gives me a change to say Iv'e had my 1st gen for 6 years now and still no head problems (that should tempt fate) and after the abuse mine gets if it aint gone yet then if it dose it aint gona be Toyotats fault Also no leaks from any diff.although I did have a alternater prob but that was due to some liquid mud that got into it... I wonder how that could have got there
                          Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:22.
                          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

we cant post properly on here - we have a 1st gen - no probs
                            a 2nd gen 3.0 - no probs, a 2nd gen - bougt with a blown head...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X