Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet my new baby!!

Here she is , my new baby, a CLK 270 CDi
    Been pondering selling my surf after the past few months. Lost my youngest dog Jake a few months ago and now his elder sister is too old to jump up into surf and rarely has the energy or enthusiasm for a long walk. So the surf is now just a comuting car with 20ish mpg.
    So i've treated my self to a sensible 2door 4 seat coupe with 40+mpg.

I'll always have a place in my heart for the surf but not space on my drive.

Been contemplating keeping her as a winter / workhorse / future caravan puller, but don't know what to do.
    I'd be gutted to let her go as she has proved the most reliable car i've ever owned and i've owned her for over eight years, apart from being a real head turner. people are always amazed to hear she is 18 years old

Decisions decisions............
    What do you guys think? has anybody been in the same dilema?
    Last edited by jaky cakes; 26 August 2013, 10:29.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

bigger driveway?
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
      bigger driveway?
      I agree, keep it, buy more but don't sell any. You'll regret it..................

Comment

Super shine on that Surf. Is the paint work as immaculate as it looks?

Comment

Originally posted by RebelV8 View Post
          I agree, keep it, buy more but don't sell any. You'll regret it..................
          had 5 surfs! now 3, + other 3 vehicles, got a big driveway doe!

but its too nice yours to get rid of
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by jaky cakes

Decisions decisions............
            What do you guys think? has anybody been in the same dilema?
            I couldn't sell a Surf like that. Maybe find a storage solution and swap cars summer/winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
              Super shine on that Surf. Is the paint work as immaculate as it looks?
              Yes - thats the biggest pain - immaculate and original inside and out. I know if i sell her she'll end up in big muddy puddles and being dragged through hedges - just like what she was designed for!!!!lol
              i've done a little bit "soft roading" -dry farm tracks etc but didn't like having to wash the dust off with double buckets!
              Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Biggest mistake I ever made was selling my surf, don't do it unless you really have no other option.

I have another one now which is 100% reliable "a little tatty" round the edges but she can be sorted with a bit of TLC.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                X