Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milner Shocks and Springs... they ok?

Hi Guys

I've got ass sag on my truck and both rear shocks are shot which makes for an interesting ride.

From Milners I can get shocks and springs for £116... not bad I thought. Then I looked at Rough Traxs which came to considerably more ££'s.

Are the Milner TOKICO shocks and their own brand springs ok?

Cheers

Steve

Fitted Milner Springs and Monroe shocks from RT to my truck about 18 months ago. Still sitting approx same height as when I fitted them and still in good nick looking like new so the coating on the springs is fairly good too.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

From my personal experience of the Milners springs for the 2nd gen, I would stick with the springs from R/T.
      Just over one year in service and the sag is back.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

thanks guys

I've been searching the net and see that its common for the milner springs to sag after a year or so of running.

I just spoke to milner about this and of course they'd never heard of this, I suggested they do a quick search in google.

I see RT only do 2" lift springs for the KZN130, so I cant use the standard height shocks from Milner (much cheaper)?

I'm not planning to do anything to the front as its still sloid, I wonder if just lifting the back would look alright

Comment

You can use the +2" springs with standard length shock absorbers no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pasty View Post
            thanks guys

I've been searching the net and see that its common for the milner springs to sag after a year or so of running.

I just spoke to milner about this and of course they'd never heard of this, I suggested they do a quick search in google.

I see RT only do 2" lift springs for the KZN130, so I cant use the standard height shocks from Milner (much cheaper)?

I'm not planning to do anything to the front as its still sloid, I wonder if just lifting the back would look alright
            In fairness to they did offer me a huge discount on a new set of springs.....
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

did you go for them again with the discount?

Comment

Originally posted by pasty View Post
                did you go for them again with the discount?
                No.
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                X