Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit where credits due

To the search facility
    My surf has the old fuel primer bypassed with an inline fuel filter and electric fuel lift pump. Not a set up I'm entirely happy with but that's how the surf came. As the fuel filter is a dinky litle thing in a clear casing I could actually see bits floating it and decided to change it it. My neighbour assured me the lift pump would pressurise the system so today I got round to doing what should have been a straightforward job. It didn't turn out that way. When trying to start the surf I got a lot of clicking from the lift pump but it wouldn't start.
    I could see diesel in the filter after turning it over a few times. Totaly scunnered I turned to the forum search and learned about airlocks and slacking a fuel injector to release the air. Now I'm mechanically clueless but from the descriptions took a guess at what was an injector. I then sat down to a nice rioja and felt much better about diving into the unknown. It took about 3 attempts to start but looks like I got it right. Now I'm away for a port lol

Nice when it works out!

Good stuff!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Working...
    X