assuming it's the bronze bushes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assuming it's the bronze bushes??

###### things! Get a clicky rattle sometimes followed by a loud errrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Outer cv joints move up and down, side to side.

It's this the bronze bushes causing it?
    well, that was a bad idea!

Yup.
    Not a difficult job to replace, just pop the new ones in the freezer overnight and remove just before fitting, makes it a lot easier to get them in.

Comment

Cool, so do they simply get worn by the drive shafts rotating inside them therefore increasing their internal diameter making more of a gap?

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
        Cool, so do they simply get worn by the drive shafts rotating inside them therefore increasing their internal diameter making more of a gap?
        Yup.

Comment

Awesome! Best try source some. Assuming they're soft is it best to remove hub and use a press or will a hammer and socket be sufficient without damaging them?

Comment

Roughtrax sell them, inner and outer bushes. Big spendy though.

I just tapped them in with a large socket, easy when they're frozen.

Comment

Wow!!!! Why is the small outer one double the price of the large inner!!! I need both sides so going to cost over £100

Comment

I used genuine on mine years ago cured it right away with plenty of grease in them to
                3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Working...
                X