Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insuring 2 vehicles...

Evening folks,

Posting this before I set off home, in hopef some kind soul might have some advice for me by the time I get home.

I've got myself a new toy, I'll post about that in another thread as I know everyone will be interested :P

In the mean time, are there any special ways of insuring 2 vehicles? I've now got two trucks, and want to use both, ideally I'd like to share my 19yrs no claims bonus between them, but I get the impression I need to start a new policy for the new toy, any help, advice?

Thanks in advance

Rog

i have previously insured two vehicles and when i first insured my second car i had 3 years no claims on my 1st car, the insurance company ( i dont remember which company) gave me 2 years no claims for my second policy dont know if this is common practice but has to be worth an ask?

both cars were insured with different companies, i think i may just have had to send the 2nd company proof of the no claims that was being used on my other policy.

Comment

Cheers Joe, I guess I'll just have to ring around...

Comment

I went with direct line, gave me a really good price, all multi car places I tried didn't want to insure a surf. And I like the fact it's British and I don't have to speak to an Indian that dosent understand me when I say a fekking postcode! Worse than ordering a pizza some of them......same goes for sky!!!
        well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Might be worth trying one of the trade insurance companies.
          Some do an "enthusiasts" policy which covers multiple cars without costing true trade insurance prices.
          The company I'm with don't care about imports, I've got a surf and a modified Aristo on mine no problem.
          If you would like any more info drop me a pm.
          Cheers
          Neil
          Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

Comment

Have you had anyone else on your policy for any number of years? They can claim their 'right' to ncb and then insure truck for themselves amd you as named driver... As tje questoon. some insurers are doing it and direct li e swapped my mrs's ncb on a second vehicle to my name no probs...
            "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by MYLUX View Post
              Might be worth trying one of the trade insurance companies.
              Some do an "enthusiasts" policy which covers multiple cars without costing true trade insurance prices.
              The company I'm with don't care about imports, I've got a surf and a modified Aristo on mine no problem.
              If you would like any more info drop me a pm.
              Cheers
              Neil
              Neil ya don't have the PM facility yet !

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                Neil ya don't have the PM facility yet !

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                I guess it's on post count, can't be on newness I been here 10yrs lol.
                Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

Comment

Cheers for the replies guys.

I gone with a fairly local company down here in the south east called Chris Knotts. I ended up insuring both trucks with them. I had the Surf with Admiral and my renewal came in last month, typical me didn't take any notice, but discovered it had gone up to £601, I pay monthly so it should have been £550ish, anyway I managed to get it down to £425, still not great, I'm nearly 40 with 19yrs ncb. Also managed to get "Rocky" for £287, both are fully comp with protected ncb. They "mirrored" my ncb, whatever that means...

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by fsaroyster View Post
                    Cheers for the replies guys.

I gone with a fairly local company down here in the south east called Chris Knotts. I ended up insuring both trucks with them. I had the Surf with Admiral and my renewal came in last month, typical me didn't take any notice, but discovered it had gone up to £601, I pay monthly so it should have been £550ish, anyway I managed to get it down to £425, still not great, I'm nearly 40 with 19yrs ncb. Also managed to get "Rocky" for £287, both are fully comp with protected ncb. They "mirrored" my ncb, whatever that means...

Rog
                    Bleedin heck, not cheap - I' have two vehicles insured with LV, both of which are JDM however, they no longer offer new policies for imported vehicles....they do continue to honour & renew existing policies.

I have full NCB & pay £450 pa for the two F-comp with the Mrs as named driver, inc business/Euro cover & NCP....the other car is a SC Eunos Roadster, declared modified.

Edit: Age + location make such a difference.
                    Last edited by Tig; 3 August 2013, 11:12.

Comment

I insure both my surf and 2cv with flux
                      One phone call does all

Comment

Is it me or does anyone else find all these insurance quote postings pointless?
                        Surely they are as relevant as me letting you all know what I had for tea last night and how much it cost.(mixed kebab with all the salads extra chilli sauce and a splash of garlic mayo £6 from the kebab van by the tile shop)

Do I need to come out of the grumpy bush and go and play in the rainbows with the unicorn? Surely I am not the only one that groans when another insurance thread is started?
                        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                          Is it me or does anyone else find all these insurance quote postings pointless?
                          Surely they are as relevant as me letting you all know what I had for tea last night and how much it cost.(mixed kebab with all the salads extra chilli sauce and a splash of garlic mayo £6 from the kebab van by the tile shop)

Do I need to come out of the grumpy bush and go and play in the rainbows with the unicorn? Surely I am not the only one that groans when another insurance thread is started?
                          My, Kebabs are pricy where you live...£5 by me. (now that's a pointless post lol)

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                            My, Kebabs are pricy where you live...£5 by me. (now that's a pointless post lol)
                            I think we pay a premium for the led lighting in the awning, plus the tv is a flat screen.
                            In fairness I should also have mentioned the can of Pepsi I am always given.

Anyway didn't you say that you lived in the "posh" part of Reading, they surely don't allow kebab vans, you must therefore factor in the extra fuel cost to travel to the less salubrious parts of Reading where such outlets are permitted, so in real terms I would venture that your kebab may well be cheaper but in real terms will cost you more.
                            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                              I think we pay a premium for the led lighting in the awning, plus the tv is a flat screen.
                              In fairness I should also have mentioned the can of Pepsi I am always given.

Anyway didn't you say that you lived in the "posh" part of Reading, they surely don't allow kebab vans, you must therefore factor in the extra fuel cost to travel to the less salubrious parts of Reading where such outlets are permitted, so in real terms I would venture that your kebab may well be cheaper but in real terms will cost you more.
                              lol, it was other people said I lived in the posh bit, I have no idea not being from these parts (It doesn't look posh), I'll concede the cost of travel does increase the bill...since I only indulge when at my mates place 35 miles away.
                              On the upside, we get a free bottle of coke but no LED lights or TV, just free newspapers. Used to get the oil for Bio free but that has stopped.

Comment

Working...
                              X