No announcement yet.

ford ka forum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SVA test that a kit car has to go through has been changed for a tougher test now. It requires you to have ABS and a load of other crap. My dad got his kit car tested just before the new regs came into force.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob5464 View Post
      The SVA test that a kit car has to go through has been changed for a tougher test now. It requires you to have ABS and a load of other crap. My dad got his kit car tested just before the new regs came into force.
      Really! Forcing ABS is a bit OTT isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
        Really! Forcing ABS is a bit OTT isn't it?
        It was a few years ago now so I can't remember anything else but its full of unnecessary stuff like that. Its like they are typing to stop people building them

Even on the SVA test the only thing my dads failed n was sharp edges. 4 pages of them... From bolt heads to road legal number plates...

Comment

I've not paid any attention to SVA in 20 years...does sound like they want to kill the industry off.

Comment

Honest Al

Evening Alan

Pm sent

Thanks again

Comment

Update 2.

Removed, cleaned & lubed rocker assembly, found the adjusters 11mm very tight & difficult to open or close. Also the inside of rocker cover is bone dry,no sign of oil splash ?

Can't find my feeler gauges, need to buy a set tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm socket to remove rear hub nut, looks like 30mm ?

Thanks Robert

Comment

tappets adjusted,new oil,filter & spark plugs.

Still sounds like a bag of spanners

Anyone have an engine endura 1.3 hiding in their garage?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X