Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in a Surf

Morning folks,
    Was a regular on here a good few years ago but haven't had a surf recently.
    After chatting with Jess a few months ago I decided to start looking again.

Just put a depsit on a blue over silver KZN130 X-Ltd. 1 UK owner for 10 yrs, just cleared 100k kms (and the way it drives I beleive it).
    It's got the odd mark and sagging bum and looks very boring but it's a nice genuine old bus.

Just what I've been after, a completely un-messed with blank canvas as a perfect start for a project.

I'll do my best to use the search but do expect some daft questions along the way

Cheers all !
    Smith & Wesson: the first point & click interface

Hello Neil. Welcome back to the fold. Look forward to seeing pic's of your truck as you modify it.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Hi Neil, your Sig is ringing a bell.

Were you on the first of the old forums & did you take part in the first ever meet/run (Donington)?

Comment

Welcome back to the fold Neil

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! spotless it ain't ...
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ta for the welcome guys !
          I don't remember going to Donnington but then everything's a bit vague from 10 yrs ago.
          There was a fella called Andy from Sussex who used to import Surfs the same time as I did and a guy called Tony who used to work on them.

I must admit I'm quite excited about getting stuck in to a Surf again.
          First couple of questions coming up:
          I've read plenty about intercooling the 130 and thats all fine but can't find much info about what needs doing to the pump to make best use of the 'cooler.
          Also who's rear springs are first choice these days (+2") I remember some used to sag worse than Mr T's and some broke regularly ?

Cheers all
          N

Comment

Anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by MYLUX View Post
              Anyone ?
              Apparently not!

Comment

I bought the roughtrax 2" springs not long ago and have been happy with them. Feels much better to drive than it did before. You could always put LC standard springs on the back.

I will be intercooling shortly. I have a Shogun/pajero cooler and plan to do it without the body lift. I don't know of anyone that has altered the fueling after fitting a cooler. However a lot of 2.4 owners have tweaked the fuel pump and had a decent gain. One or two 3.0 owners have done it too.

I will fit the cooler then go from there. If it can maintain close to the standard running temperature after that I will up the boost on the turbo to a full bar.

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob, gives me somewhere to start, I've got access to a 185 with intercoooler so can copy that mostly.
                  Cheers again
                  N

Comment

Working...
                  X