greeting form Halifax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greeting form Halifax

Hello this is my first post on your forum! just saying hello.

I have come across an old 4 runner 3.0 td and are trying to weigh it up if its worth fixing up and using as a off roader / weekend toy its been stood for a few months has no tax or test but looks good

at the moment i have a 70 land cruiser with the same engine as the 4 runner. its great but they is no space in the boot for when i go camping.

i have not seen many 4 runners about but i have seen surfs are they the same just imported ? were do these 4x4 have problems ?

regards DF

Halifax

D.F.,How do and welcome.You only have to browse the forum to see most on here like their trucks,Any chance of some pictures so we can see what it looks like in the flesh,hard to evaluate without seeing it,but obviously all the usual checks apply....does everything work,does it start & change gear o.k.,is it auto, if its not too dear its got to be worth a punt.

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Welcome along. Some more details on the truck would give us a better idea. To give you a few stabs:

Look for paint bubbling around the edges of the wheel arches where they meet the bodywork as the wings and body rot from under the arches.
        Check the rear window works.
        Be suspicious if the radiator is in a poor state or if it does not have any antifreeze in it.

Suspension wise you can't tell much without driving it, just check for split boots etc.

Also a 4Runner is a UK built Surf. All Surfs are imports.

Comment

Is the 70 for sale?
          Brian

Comment

Working...
          X