Long lost family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long lost family

Totally un surf related but I am sure one of you lot on here may just know the answer,or at least point me in the right direction.
    Chatting to a mate last night and he informed me that whilst serving with the Army of the Rhine around 50 years ago,he had a romantic liason with a young lady and a child ( a boy ) was the result.
    He then tells me that he lost touch with the lady and his son around 20 years but believes that he now has a grandson and he was in fact asking me if I would try and find any or all of the three of them.The lady would be about the same age as Harry,70 to 75,the son around 50 and the grandson anywhere between 20 -30.
    Harry is not the most methodical of people so I will take these dates with a pinch of salt.
    All this occurred in a town called Leoben in Austria,about 100 miles from Saltzburg and 75 from Vienna.
    Harry was recently widowed and I think that,as they had no children he does not want the treasury to grab his bit when he goes,hence the quest to find his "other" family

Anyone got any ideas,if not thanks for taking the time to read this,Alan

There are tracing agents, my sister and a family friend used one to find adopted family....not sure if they cover Europe but worth a look.

In the UK cost less than £100 and found them in a week..

Comment

first you need name/s

then find out what the local rag is for leoben, then put an ad in for a few weeks

also google is your friend, his old unit may have a facebuk page/meetings forum etc for ex forces. there's probably a website specifically to trace old war days sweethearts.

if no joy then phone trisha

Comment

I don't have an account, but I know of people finding lost family via Facebook. Free and worth a go.
        .... Which was nice.

Comment

My wife was adopted at birth & only info she had was her mothers name.

extensive research revealed that, years later she married an east German & they had a son.
          Having the sons full name we searched Facebook,luckily there was only 1 match in South Africa, so a message was sent & he confirmed the missing details. He had no knowledge of a sibling, as his mum had kept her past a secret.

My wife & her younger brother although never met, chat almost every day.
          they are catching up with 50 years of family history.

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
            My wife was adopted at birth & only info she had was her mothers name.

extensive research revealed that, years later she married an east German & they had a son.
            Having the sons full name we searched Facebook,luckily there was only 1 match in South Africa, so a message was sent & he confirmed the missing details. He had no knowledge of a sibling, as his mum had kept her past a secret.

My wife & her younger brother although never met, chat almost every day.
            they are catching up with 50 years of family history.
            Funnily enough, that's how my daughter found me...

Comment

Working...
            X