3.0 or 2.4 that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazybitch
    Dont know where you guys get the idea from that 3.0 heads dont fail!!! they do and they cost 3arms, 2 legs, and a bucket full of money to replace! the 3.0 is the better puller and economy but be warned the heads do fail!!
    Not to the degree of calling it a problem, they are OK, every car built will get a percentage of cracked heads cos of the stess they run at. Someone has to get unlucky.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Too true, Just take a look on a landy Forum !!! Cracked heads every where !
      The 3ltr is an absolute gem of an engine and thats why they used it in the landcruisers for so long and very very few heads cracked.
      Having had a 2.4 and now a 3ltr, my advice is go for the 3ltr and you won't be dissapointed one bit.

Andy

Comment

3ltr power

well muncher the 3ltr you drove after your 2.4 had not much extra oomph . all i can say mate is it must have been knackered or you have an incredibly powerfull 2.4. there is a very noticable difference in power output between the two . and as tony said anyone can be unlucy with a head on any motor but 3ltr heads get the thumbs up .
        black n tan
        black n tan
        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
          Too true, Just take a look on a landy Forum !!! Cracked heads every where !
          The 3ltr is an absolute gem of an engine and thats why they used it in the landcruisers for so long and very very few heads cracked.
          Having had a 2.4 and now a 3ltr, my advice is go for the 3ltr and you won't be dissapointed one bit.

Andy
          I agree,an absolute dream to drive,smooth and powerfull.No flat spots whatsoever.Go for the 3.0TD!!!