towing 3500kg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towing 3500kg

to stay legal when towing large trailers of 3500kg, with a budget of around £2000 what would you guys buy?
    in an ideal world and with double the budget i feel a land cruiser vx is the obvious choice but right now that just isnt goin to happen.
    thanks

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
    to stay legal when towing large trailers of 3500kg, with a budget of around £2000 what would you guys buy?
    in an ideal world and with double the budget i feel a land cruiser vx is the obvious choice but right now that just isnt goin to happen.
    thanks
    This may surprise you, but:

Daihatsu Fourtrak.

Comment

Originally posted by sjoe View Post
      thanks
      The old petrol Pajeros and Shoguns (3.0 or 3.5) are quite affordable and over here I have seen them pull big loads such as large boats with ease. Their prices on the Japanese export sites have dropped quite a bit. Good luck

Comment

Isuzu?
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          Isuzu?
          You suze me?

Comment

Yez...
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'd go for a shogun or a trooper should have no problems with either.

Comment

Originally posted by markjd View Post
                I'd go for a shogun or a trooper should have no problems with either.
                Not sure either would legally take 3500kg. The only vehicles I can find are a Fourtrak, Landcruiser (Amazon), Grad Cherokee and things 'made' by Land Rover.

Personally, I wouldn't want to tow anything like that weight unless I was in something around 5,000kg itself.

Comment

i know lwb troopers are rated at 3500kg towing weight and after driving a friends 3.1TD i was not overly impressed and am not sure i would feel safe towing that amount behind it. Not sure what the newer troopers with the 3L diesel are like for towing anybody on here had 1?
                  i like the look of fourtraks but dont know much about them, anybody recomend or condemn them?
                  dare i say for cheapness and accessibility i am actually thinking about discos and classic range rovers

Comment

I'm with Sancho ... Diahatsu

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

A farmer friend of mine had a dihatsu four trak. He recommends it,
                      One of the few that can tow 3500kg, you can pick them up for £1000, or a well looked after one for £2k, be aware though, they are very very agricultural, like driving a tractor!
                      If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

thanks for the recommendations, it looks like i am hunting for a fourtrak.

Comment

Working...
                        X