Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land cruiser / Surf

Hello,

A lot of people keep thinking my Surf is a land cruiser.

Uneducated fools I thought, although it occurred to me they are quite similar in size and shape, so what's the difference between the two? Is the surf just a watered down version of a land cruiser?
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Originally posted by Benross View Post
    Hello,

Uneducated fools I thought, although it occurred to me they are quite similar in size and shape, so what's the difference between the two? Is the surf just a watered down version of a land cruiser?
    Well, they are quite different in many ways, also there's loads of different land cruisers...however the Land Cruiser Colorado ( or "Prado", as it was sold in Japan and some other countries) that came out in 1995 or 1996 ( I think) had the same KZ-TE engine you see on surfs, and the same chassis as the 3rd Gen Surf. Quite useful as some companies (especially in Oz) that make shocks, springs and other bits often don't have the Surf's spec in their catalogue. Usually the LC Prado spec will do the job.
    Have a look on Wikipedia for all the different LCs throughout the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Benross View Post
      Hello,

They do look very similar.
      obvious difference the landcruiser is a heavy,gas guzzling sorry that's the surf.

Comment

Working...
      X