swopshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swopshop

just spent the day swapping all the lights and the winch on my truck! need to do the suspension lift next so i can put the 35s on! i`m using all the parts off the gray one as thats getting put to the side until i can get a v8 for it!

would it be a simple swap if i used the suspension off the gray one and put it on the blue one? i`ve never done suspension before so would i need to extend anything?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130602_164356.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	1272674

Name:	20130602_164100.jpg
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	1272675

Name:	20130527_140447.jpg
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	1272676

can i just take the suspension off one truck and put it on the other with no need to mod anything?

Comment

If it's just a bodylift kit, longer/uprated springs and balljoint spacers, then yes it can all be transfered to the other truck no problem.
      Don't bother fitting uprated torsion bars if the truck is going to have a Lexus V8 though, the engine is a lot lighter than the diesel lump.

Comment

It's not easy to answer as no-one knows what was done to the lifted truck.

All the shocks / springs will swap. You need to check whether the lift had ball joint spacers , extended brake lines, panhard rod drop bracket etc. If it had a bracket lift then it's a lot more involved.

edit: was typing this while Vince posted his reply..

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          If it's just a bodylift kit, longer/uprated springs and balljoint spacers, then yes it can all be transfered to the other truck no problem.
          is it stright forward to do? i know there are loads of theads about it and i could look it up but its just not the same as asking someone who knows and then getting an answer! i`ve never done suspension before and it took me all day just to put them lights and winch on!

Comment

The bodylift is easy, there are five lift blocks down each side of the ...er....body!
            Remove all the nuts from each bolt and using a jack and block of wood, jack the body up on one side just enough to slide the blocks out (after removing the bolts of course), then replace with the non lifted bolts.
            Repeat on the other side and then re-fit the nuts and washers once the body is resting on the chassis.
            Look at the non-bodylifted truck to see how the rubber insulators are fitted to make sure they're fitted correctly to the now lowered truck.

Rear springs are easy enough, jack the truck up under the chassis so that the rear axle can hang under it's own weight, remove the wheel/s, disconnect the bottoms of the dampers from the axle, disconnect one end of the parhard rod and get someone to push down on the brake drum so that you can extract the spring. check how the spring is seated, there are 'cushions' top and bottom.
            You may or may not need spring compressors, but it makes it easier if you have them.

Some guides here if you need pictures.....
            http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/suspension.htm
            http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm

Comment

[QUOTE=BUSHWHACKER;797348]The bodylift is easy, there are five lift blocks down each side of the ...er....body!
              Remove all the nuts from each bolt and using a jack and block of wood, jack the body up on one side just enough to slide the blocks out (after removing the bolts of course), then replace with the non lifted bolts.
              Repeat on the other side and then re-fit the nuts and washers once the body is resting on the chassis.
              Look at the non-bodylifted truck to see how the rubber insulators are fitted to make sure they're fitted correctly to the now lowered truck.

Rear springs are easy enough, jack the truck up under the chassis so that the rear axle can hang under it's own weight, remove the wheel/s, disconnect the bottoms of the dampers from the axle, disconnect one end of the parhard rod and get someone to push down on the brake drum so that you can extract the spring. check how the spring is seated, there are 'cushions' top and bottom.
              You may or may not need spring compressors, but it makes it easier if you have them.

Some guides here if you need pictures.....
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/suspension.htm
              http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/bodylift.htm[/QUOTE

Brilliant!! Thats what I needed, something visual so I can see whats going on! Are there any videos about of a suspension lift? I can only find newer trucks on youtube!

Comment

Working...
              X