lift advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift advice

I am thinking of putting a 2inch lift from roughtrax on my truck, not sure about which to get yet, but some advice would be nice? but do I need to get any more kit like brake piping etc

Nick

Have ya checked the Threads at the foot of ya Post ? (Foot of the Page )

11+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Just go for the best kit you can afford, Roughtrax has a good name (apart from perhaps radiators) and the guys very help[full, you should have no probs with the brake lines although you may need to either lower the load sensor unit over the back axel by 2" or fit an extended braded hose (roughtrax again), also slacken off all three steering joints, and undo the fuel tank rubber joiner to the filler cap,(both ends) and remove the transmission shift plate from the center console (the hi-lo lever might jam on the tunnel,) (grinder)
      loads of write ups on lifting kits
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks popeye

Comment

No Worries, just another tip is spray everything you need to undo with WD several times a week or so before hand, loosen everything but do one side at a time, and just keep an eye on things as you jack up,
          one thing i forgot to unclip which when they parted made me drop a brick was the rubber water shields inside the front wings,
          also you might find the steering shaft rubs on the plate where it passes through the bulkhead, a file will sort that out,
          if i remember right you dont need rad drop brackets on a 3rd gen but check anyway,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
          X