what the law has to say about pay and play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the law has to say about pay and play

im looking to see what the law in ireland have to say about a pay and play ground (4x4),
    im thinking to open one.
    needs, regulations, safety, forms,..
    anyone knows?
    thanks
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

not sure about regulations but be care if you buy land that it isnt glowing at night as there are a lot of illegal landfill sites in ireland and the governement are getting the owners to clean them up! so be carefull of a good deal!

if i were you i would ask a pay and play site in the UK they wont be that different or go to the planning department of the area you are thinking of opening one in as ask as i guess planning will have something to do wih it! they always do!
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

I would open and build one myself if I had enough money for such a vast amount of land.

Comment

is there any minimum of acres?

Comment

Probably not but if its too small not many people will come.

Comment

what it would be a reasonable size? 30 acre?

Comment

There are 2 in Co. Galway.

One is Dartfield, just outside Loughrea, and the other is Flowerhill, which is near Portumna.

Both of these were equestrian centres which diversified.

A lot of the guys on www.4xforum.net, as well as Leinster 4x4 and Munster 4x4 go there. There are a few more centres dotted around the country.

Dara (a user on this site) goes out in his bobtail landy. He might have some info.

The owner of Flowerhill is a contributor on 4xforum, so it may be worthwhile sticking a post up there. The people on there are nice to meet up with; they don't leave novices like me stuck in the mud!!!

Comment

Mind and budget for a shovel in your business plan.
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X