Used IT equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used IT equipment

This is about as off topic as I've been so far, but...

I've been offered a large ammount of used IT equipment (Servers, racks, PCs etc.) but I've to come up with a price. So - do any of you have any idea what I should be paying for it? I'm assuming the done thing is to pay by weight, or volume, as cataloguing this type of stuff is next to impossible!
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

You probably have it because its termed hazardous waste, under. the wimes regs . It costs. around £50 a ton for disposal. Go for that price Andy.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Used IT gear is almost worthless Andy, it is out of date 5 minutes after it leaves the factory.Dont be conned into paying good money for it unless it's all under 6 months old.

My local Computers for Charity group don't even want any of the stuff I have in my loft, even though it includes some perfectly good pc's and spares. They say it is too old!!!!!!

Alan
      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Could be worth a lot of money depending on who pre owned it.

Gary Glitter's old PC is worth a few quid to the right buyer..........

Comment

What are the server specs?
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Thanks chaps. I was thinking £30 - £40 a tonne; so wasn't far off the mark.

The servers are all DELL, 2800, 2900, 1900, etc..

I'll go make an offer - then worry about where to put it if I'm successful...

Comment

Hey Andy. A mate of mine works in IT. He regularly picks up job lots of obsolete stuff and sticks them on eflog. Even he, has been suprised at what people will buy, and has been pleasantly suprised at the prices that folks will pay. .
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

If you got ahold of this stuff and found you have a few too many PowerEdges on your hands, especially working 9-series and above, that you'd like to get rid of...
                An unmuddy off-roader is an unloved off-roader!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Thanks chaps. I was thinking £30 - £40 a tonne; so wasn't far off the mark.

The servers are all DELL, 2800, 2900, 1900, etc..

I'll go make an offer - then worry about where to put it if I'm successful...
                  Andy! if there are any "Alps MD series" printers in the pile i'll buy them from you, otherwise as stated it's pretty much worthless, my nipper has to dump old pc gear regualry, i think he has to pay to dump them,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I'll keep you all appraised

Comment

only CRT monitors and batteries are hazardous waste... the rest is just WEEE waste that gets stripped and sold as scrap plastic, metal, PCB etc.

it is worth money as scrap, but you'll only get paid if you've got a LOT... it usually gets swallowed up in transport costs.
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

oh, and you could charge them £50 per tonne for the weee evidence!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hi Andy, i asked my son yesterday and he/they charge their customers £3 PER ITEM to dispose of old pc gear, so i guess you shouldn't be paying owt for that load, unless theres some saleable items amoungst it, ebays always an option i guess albeit their charges are a right rip off,
                          like i said tho if there are any Alps printers (any condiction) i'd be interested,
                          These btw are able to print white ink and metalics, ideal printers for making decals which is why i want one, they are discontinued (in the USA) but Japan still make them, bl00dy expensive for a new one (over 2K) and secondhand ones go for good money on ebay,
                          i lost out on one that went for £145 ish with no cartridges at all but the head was good, another went for £45 with a fecked head,
                          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                          X