Clear All

• red barron
    replied
    £330 with sureterm direct

Leave a comment:

• Bonk
    replied
    I got my insurance with Adrian Flux. Fully comp £341.96

15 years no claims and the only mod so far is a 2"body lift, which I told them about.

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Originally posted by Morango View Post

how do i tell that my truck is imported? cant see anything on the log book?
    It's got lots of chrome and it says Surf on the tailgate.
    If it was a 4Runner it would have rusted away by now!

Leave a comment:

• Morango
    replied
    try tesco, i am finding them very good at insuring me, 1 years ncb, 6 month ban and 6 points at £1086, closest other quote is £1500

I think it helps to use your club card number.. alot..

how do i tell that my truck is imported? cant see anything on the log book?

Leave a comment:

• Nige. coll
    replied
    aviva

aviva insured mine
    under £400 for me 40+ max ncb and my wife 9 bonus points no ncb as a named driver class 1 business use comprehensive

Leave a comment:

• disco73
    replied
    Originally posted by jesterminute View Post
    On the phone for A-plan & Adrian Flux unfortunately.
    (and online for compare the moneysupermarket.meercat which always comes up much more)

Just checking are people NOT declaring that they're imported? (is that where im going wrong perhaps?)
    I pay £495 fc with noel dazley! I'm 40 and only had my car licence 2yrs! I've got no no claims as thats still getting used on my car. I also live in riot torn liverpool, that was an online quote so I phoned them and they said that quote was right so I paid for it before they had chance to say anything else! Give them a try!

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    All Surfs are imported.
    I would call Flux again, it depends on whom you speak to whether you get a good quote or not. Sometimes you get an adult, other times it's a chancer.
    Mention you're a member on here for a bit of discount. (They sponsor the forum)

Leave a comment:

• jesterminute
    replied
    On the phone for A-plan & Adrian Flux unfortunately.
    (and online for compare the moneysupermarket.meercat which always comes up much more)

Just checking are people NOT declaring that they're imported? (is that where im going wrong perhaps?)

Leave a comment:

• BUSHWHACKER
    replied
    Are those on-line quotes or over the phone?

Leave a comment:

• jesterminute
    started a topic Insurance <£500 - how?

Insurance <£500 - how?

So i've noticed quite a few of you have managed to get sub £500 insurance with some of the insurers named on the big FAQ list.

The broad question is....how?

To give you some context :
    1) Me as a primary driver with 4 years NCB (4 years driving), clean record, 33 years old, fully employed etc = £600 + (only mod to car *ahem* is Alloys)

(fair enough you might say, it's the small NCB that's doing it)

HOWEVER

2) My better half as primary driver with _15_ years NCB, clean record, 36 years, fully employed etc = £500 + (only mod to car *ahem* is Alloys)

We thought perhaps it was the location (Birmingham) being known as a hotbed of riots and terror second only to Afghanistan and Coventry...so we speculatively changed the home address to my mums place....in rural North Wales - population : Sheep.

Same result.

So the more specific question is :

a) is there something missing/wrong in what we're doing?
    b) is it simply the time of the year/season/whatever and _all_ quotes are unseasonably high?
    c) Does anyone _really_ expect a Shatner cameo in the next Star Trek?

--- Further context ----
    It's a gen 3, 1996, 3.0 diesel, daft alloys, Hilux Surf
    Looking for Fully Comp, £500 excess etc.

We've tried Adrian Flux, Moneysupermarket, Compare the badger and A-Plan.
Working...
X