Insurance <£500 - how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My insurance is about £250 fully comp.

That's me, aged 28, no NCB (as I'm using it on my other car) in Devon.
    Its through Lancaster insurance, although Its actually another company that's insuring me.

I guess its cheap because its a limited mileage policy and its my second car?
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Benross View Post
      My insurance is about £250 fully comp.

That's me, aged 28, no NCB (as I'm using it on my other car) in Devon.
      Its through Lancaster insurance, although Its actually another company that's insuring me.

I guess its cheap because its a limited mileage policy and its my second car?
      You're 28 with no NCB and you're paying £250 fully comp?

Good luck if you ever need to make a claim!
      I would be going through the small print very thoroughly if I were you, just to check that your truck is covered as a Hilux Surf.

Comment

Does seem crazy low, like.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          You're 28 with no NCB and you're paying £250 fully comp?

Good luck if you ever need to make a claim!
          I would be going through the small print very thoroughly if I were you, just to check that your truck is covered as a Hilux Surf.
          It all looks fine to me, like I say, it's on a 2000 mile a year policy, and I live in a safe area, oh and I lock my surf
          In its garage EVERY NIGHT ;-)
          If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Just renewed mine with Adrian Flux. £235.00 fully comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
              Just renewed mine with Adrian Flux. £235.00 fully comp.
              had a quote off them for £220, then got a quote from admiral £185, and that is fully comp business me and her indoors, postcode nr32, very happy, made sure all the details were checked as some companies when putting reg no in came up as 4runner which it ain,t gotta be careful
              15 years in shiny club, lovely

Comment

Mine was £386.00 last year by the same company but did a quick check on line and they beat their own quote by £150.00. It just goes to show it pays to check every year and not just accept the renewal quote.

Comment

£335 from Adrian Flux, mind you they do want a copy of everything plus a picky of the wart on my arse, but for that money I guess it's worth it - Direct line wanted £1600.
                  Looks Fade, But Dumb Is Forever

Comment

Surf SSR-G £200.00 with Flux fully comp with protected n/c including business use.
                    The V8 Soarer is £242.00 with A-plan fully comp protected n/c and all glass etc.

And I'm happy with both those.

Comment

insurance

Sound like a rip off.
                      Im 39,3 years no claim,fully comp cost me £250.
                      I drive 3 ltr td L reg surf.
                      I can find out the company if you wish.
                      I always and every year search on ***compare the market+++
                      Always cheap but don't ever stay for another year wits same insurance....best deals are on first year I always find it

Comment

Just renewed mine,
                        Was £350 fully comp last year only 2 years NBC (years in Co car) but changed it to TPFT for £219 this year with Advance insurance.
                        Happy with that (and it's done as an import surf not hilux or LC)

Mike

Comment

NCB even, doh!

Comment

I don't how you guys get it so cheap, I'm looking now (need it for next week) and the lowest quote so far is £507....
                            A million years no claims and I'm 43...bit dear it seems.

Comment

I think there is a degree of admin error with some of these quotes. The lowest I got for mine was less than £200 with NFU but upon digging deeper they were insuring me for a Hilux pickup. Cheapest quote I ever got where I was convinced they were insuring what was parked outside my house was £500

Comment

Just took out a policy with flux....£336, 5000 miles fully comp with 2 named drivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X