Inner plastic wheel arch cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner plastic wheel arch cover

Hi , Just bought my second Surf ,a 96 3rd Gen , nice but with a few issues to sort out. Bought a new antenna for the power arerial expecting a 10 minute job but need to get the aerial itself off as I think there is old cable still in it, but cannot budge the plastic wheel arch inner cover to gain access. Have undone about 6 bolts round the arch and a couple of black plastic clips but still no movement in it. Don't want to do any damage or remove the outer arch if I can help it. Does the outer have to come off? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Inner wheel arch liner

Gary,how do.Not been on for a while,been in hospital for a new hip.Did you have any luck with the liner,I think your query must have slipped passed unnoticed

Comment

Inner wheel arch.

Hi Al,
      Thanks for your reply. Hope all went ok with op.Still not dealt with the aerial yet as I have been doing a few other bits more urgent, so still need to look at getting the plastic inner panel off.Any advice would be appreciated.
      Thanks, Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryFLHR View Post
        Hi Al,
        Thanks for your reply. Hope all went ok with op.Still not dealt with the aerial yet as I have been doing a few other bits more urgent, so still need to look at getting the plastic inner panel off.Any advice would be appreciated.
        Thanks, Gary.
        When I removed mine I just gave it a tug once the screws were undone. Nothing behind it holding it in.

I've just binned the liners so can't get you a pic, sorry.

Not sure the wing inner helps you much, but here it is anyway in case it does.
        Attached Files

Comment

Inner plastic arch.

Andy,
          Thanks for that. Will have another go at it. Got anything left of the car in photo or all gone now?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by GaryFLHR View Post
            Andy,
            Thanks for that. Will have another go at it. Got anything left of the car in photo or all gone now?

Gary
            I have a very full garage

If i ever get another gen2 i'll never by spares as long as i live.
            Attached Files

Comment

Undo some bolts, pull out the plastic clips and pull it out, it's pretty tough... I removed mine a few weeks back.
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Inner plastic wheel arch cover.

Thanks Karma .Will be having another go at it at weekend.

Comment

Inner wheel arch

Gary,sorry I did not get back to you,they had me back in for a couple of weeks as i was not healing too well,and like you there are always other things to do.
                  As the others have said its just a case of removing all the screws and bolts and the liner should come away fairly easily,depends how much crud is at the back.

Good luck,Alan

Comment

Inner wheel arch.

Thanks Alan. Sorry to hear you have had complications.Hope things are looking up. Will be doing what you and others have said and put a bit of force into it. Have done a few other little jobs around it so making progress, but still got the aerial to deal with.

Thanks again, Gary.

Comment

Working...
                    X