3L better than 2.4L?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3L better than 2.4L?

I've just taken my 2.4 Surf back to the dealer to get the head done.

As I've only had it a few weeks, there is a possibility that for a few extra notes I can upgrade to the 3L version. Checking out insurance prices now.

From posts I have read here, the 3L can be MORE economical than the 3L, doesn't suffer with the cracked head problems and is generally a better car all round.

So, some advice please: The model that I am looking at has the spare wheel mounted under the rear, even though it is an L reg. I thought that after a certain year, the wheel was mounted on a carrier on the back (it is on my K reg 2.4)?

Also, is the L reg model fitted with ABS?

This 3L seems to have some nice touches like half anodised alloys and a PIAA spotlight system.

Seem like a good idea?

Cheers,

Jon.

ABS is from 96-on (3rd gen models)

2nd gen spare can be anywhere, its not year specific.

3l motor is a peach, you will get better mpg all round and bags more power, the down side you have to pay for it as the 2.4's are much cheaper.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Aha, starting to make more sense.

Better get on and see my not so local or friendly dis-honest dealer then.

Thanks,

Jon.

Comment

i've had my 3rd gen 3.0 TD for 5/6 weeks now & have tried various different ways of driving each time i fill up to gauge the economy: air con on / off, drive slow / fast etc... averaging 137 miles for £20 give or take - and my spare is on the underside too.
        [SIZE=5]ANDY[/SIZE]

[U]HOLMESDALE EAGLES[/U]

Comment

Andy,

I have just worked that out at 26mpg (with Diesel at 84p/L). That's pretty good.

Just getting insurance figures at the moment. Hopefully won't be too much more. I am currently car-less (truck-less?) and it is killing me.

The one that I have my eye on has a set of PIAA spots with a nice remote control on a lead fitted to the dash board. I guess these must be aftermarket fits. They have done a good job.

Jon.

Comment

diesel is 79.9 a ltr here in peterborough at sainsburys, spend £50 on shopping & get 5p off a litre - a bargain. BEWARE !!! wear big boots & drive like schumacher & the mpg goes down swiftly
            [SIZE=5]ANDY[/SIZE]

[U]HOLMESDALE EAGLES[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by thechaddyboy
              diesel is 79.9 a ltr here in peterborough at sainsburys, spend £50 on shopping & get 5p off a litre - a bargain. BEWARE !!! wear big boots & drive like schumacher & the mpg goes down swiftly
              We've been filling up the Bullet at 88p/l this week! not much fun! Good job we were on Holiday so it was for a good cause.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                ABS is from 96-on (3rd gen models)

2nd gen spare can be anywhere, its not year specific.

3l motor is a peach, you will get better mpg all round and bags more power, the down side you have to pay for it as the 2.4's are much cheaper.

Go with the 3ltr !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X