@ Bushwhacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Bushwhacker

HI mate - you getting my pm's ? Guess you probably are, just have your head under the bonnet. Thought i'd check though because someone said your box was full.
    ------------------------
    Truck? What truck .......

Originally posted by sadinn View Post
    HI mate - you getting my pm's ? Guess you probably are, just have your head under the bonnet. Thought i'd check though because someone said your box was full.
    Hi Simon, sorry for the delay in replying.

Everyone's PMs have been answered and the box is now slighly emptied.

p.s. Did you call me on Friday? I've just seen a missed call notification on my phone (London number?)
    I was in Bristol dismantling a conservatory and my phone was at home in the garage.

Comment

OK got the Lexus! And wow. Can you believe that I found one with nearly full service history and 87000 miles?! its a 1995 - I think that is still the older and stronger of the two engine variants?

Now just got to put this:

Into this !
      ------------------------

Comment

Some of this....

and one of these?.......

p.s. FYI, you've sent two timing belts here.

Comment

bigger pot than that required !

I think I have only paid for one..... I'll check!

On that hose list you sent there was one I questioned

4 X 38mm elbows.
          1 X 38mm straight connector. is this 38 to 38 and how long do you need it?
          3 X 16mm elbows.
          1 X 16mm 180deg bend.
          1 X 83mm elbow.
          1 metre of 8mm fuel compatible hose.
          1.5 metres of 1/2" oil compatible hose.

I am assuming here that elbows are 90 deg?

Defo only paid for 1 timing kit - if they have sent 2 then I guess I am owed a £135 refund

Oh. hang on a minute - just checked. One timing belt is on your list as part of the kit - but there is also one from eurocarparts as a separate item.

Heres the ebay kit ebay

and eurocarparts link euro

I thought they were two different belts.... (or i didn't read it properly more like.)

I am waiting on a response from the pipe people to see if I can get it all in 'that' colour, so i'll let you know.

Cheers
          ------------------------

Comment

Yeah, one belt came as part of a kit (Blueprint box) and the other cam on it's own, (Europarts)
            The other belt thats not on the list is a serpentine (ribbed) belt for the alternator/A-C/power steering.

Re: the 38mm connector, just the shortest length available really, (500mm?)

Comment

ok so I need to send back the Europarts one and get the serpentine one?
              ------------------------

Comment

ok so I need to send back the Europarts one and get the serpentine one?
                Yup.
                This one....
                http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Le...df75e54&000108

I'll package the T/belt ready for sending/collecting.

Comment

OK no worries I will get it organised.

Also anywhere else I can get the following? the links no longer point to anything

EFI temp sensor
                  Anti freeze
                  Two Silencers
                  Ignition parts

The various hose parts listed:

1.5 metres of : http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p3...duct_info.html

and the ebay fuel injection hose - would they be replaced by the other hose list that I am buying?
                  ------------------------

Comment

OK no worries I will get it organised.

Also anywhere else I can get the following? the links no longer point to anything

EFI temp sensor
                    http://www.rovercarpartsuk.co.uk/p25...-Model-Product
                    Anti freeze
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOCHEM-5...item5890ab6f92
                    Two Silencers
                    Do you have a rear mounted spare on the truck? If not, then these will look good...
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exhaust-Re...item35c5a108b8
                    Ignition parts
                    Two distributor caps and two rotor arms are usually needed, but as yours has low milage they'll probably still be OK.
                    But if you still want them replaced..........
                    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sa...r+caps&_sop=15

The various hose parts listed:

1.5 metres of : http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p3...duct_info.html

and the ebay fuel injection hose - would they be replaced by the other hose list that I am buying?
                    Yes.

Comment

What difference does a rear mounted spare have on the exhaust??

Also from the other posts i was going to get 2.25" stainless pipe - but these are 2" fitment - is that OK or are you going to need a small conversion part?

I'll get the bosch caps and arms - any preference for leads and plugs?
                      ------------------------

Comment

What difference does a rear mounted spare have on the exhaust???
                        It's tight to route 2 exhausts when there's a melty rubber tyre under the car.
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                          It's tight to route 2 exhausts when there's a melty rubber tyre under the car.
                          - haha - OK I see what you mean - I have a rear mounted tyre - rather than an underslung tyre. Thats what confused me - I was trying to work out how much heat the exhausts would produce to affect a tyre 2 feet above it - I was thinking flames out the back like 70's batman style !
                          ------------------------

Comment

how about one of these??

http://www.akamoto.co.uk/flaming-exhaust.asp

(not a recommendation... just the first that came up on google!... the fake dump valve simulators look like chav-fun!!)
                            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

What difference does a rear mounted spare have on the exhaust??

Also from the other posts i was going to get 2.25" stainless pipe - but these are 2" fitment - is that OK or are you going to need a small conversion part?

I'll get the bosch caps and arms - any preference for leads and plugs?

I just posted that silencer link as an example really, didn't check the size.

You can have silencers under the floor and have fancy tailpipe trims if you prefer?

Re: Leads, Magnecore 8mm are very good.
                              Re: Plugs, don't bother with the fancy Iridium or the four electrode type, waste of money IMO. Just get the platinum type.

p.s. EFI temp sensor arrived today.

Comment

Working...
                              X