Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Viscous Fan Prob

Hi all,
    My 2.4 is very noisy idling at the mo, though towed 80 mile on monday with seemingly no probs.

Q1. If its the viscous fan, is there a walk thru for a 2.4 LN130 ( and i mean from opening the bonnet right thru to finish)

Q2. ive read that a better oil can be used, if so what (bearing in mind i tow quite a heavy caravan)

Q3. Is it likely to be the oil, or do they fail completely?

Tried a forum search but most references were to 3 lt trucks are they the same as mine ?

Thanks in advance
    Nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

They can seize up and run constantly.

To test, start the engine from cold, get a rolled up news paper or magazine and push it into the fins of the fan, if it isn't seized the fan should stop. If it does stop hold it in there and let the engine get hot so the fan kicks in, you will feel either heavy resistance or it will just eat up the paper.
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
      They can seize up and run constantly.

To test, start the engine from cold, get a rolled up news paper or magazine and push it into the fins of the fan, if it isn't seized the fan should stop. If it does stop hold it in there and let the engine get hot so the fan kicks in, you will feel either heavy resistance or it will just eat up the paper.
      Thanks will try that later when my more experienced mate comes home, BUT in the mean time, can/should i still be able to use the surf (no towing) . It does have a lecky fan fitted with an over ride to run it constantly if needed. However, if the viscous fan is dry, will it damage anything further (just running round town trips)
      Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Working...
      X